ScratchTX

Deland skydivers: "who is?" question

When I went to Skydive Deland this past March, manifest asked a guy to show me around and gave me the basic orientation. He said some simple sage things about skydiving that really stuck with me (ending with "Don't THINK about it so much..." which is basically my mission in life...) But I can't remember his name; I was too overwhelmed as a country dz bumpkin in the big skydiving city to catch it.

He was in a wheelchair, white guy, maybe around 50 years old give or take 5-10 years... I'd like to have a name to hang this memory on. Anyone know who it might have been?

Thanks,

--Scratch

"Don't THINK about it so much..." which is basically my mission in life...)

Me too... [:/]

I've found the best solution to thinking too much is drinking too much, ;) And skydiving of course. I jump at DeLand, incidentally... dunno the guy tho.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

>>> I've found the best solution to thinking too much is drinking too much

I am personally disappointed with alcohol as a "higher order brain function disabling drug". I find I lose my ability to walk before my overthinking is turned off. I agree with The111 that drinking too much certainly does the trick, but that's not my fav. I have to sort of stick with a tall drink at a time, walking only in hallways where I can use my four largest limbs to navigate semi-stably, and cutting my thinking and worries by only 50%.

But this doesn't help a bit when I'm in the plane. No alcohol, full-tilt worry. I hope more jumps makes this better.

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.