Kramer

Reserve Rides On 300-Way Record?

And I believe that for it to be official it had to be an incident free jump.

Really?!? So if someone had a reserve ride 300-way would not count?!?

Someone told me that for the record to qualify all participants must be alive 24 hours (or something like that) after the record was set. Was he just pulling my leg? :S

I believe the way it works, is that you have to be under the canopy that you're going to land by 2,000 feet, or some thing like that. So that means if you have a malfunction you better take care of it fast.

I'm sure the person that knows the exact alt will post.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Hey there Phree. What's Up?

I personally did not ask if any one had one. I reserve ride is not really an incident though there Phree. I mean things happen especialy with today's quirky canopies. Even still for a record to be a record is the dive that was planned is completed and held for 3 or more seconds.

Are you coming to Cali with me? :D

Laters,

KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!!!!!!!!!!B|
The REAL KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!

"HESITATION CAUSES DEATH!!!"
"Be Slow to Fall into Friendship; but when Thou Art in, Continue Firm & Constant." - SOCRATES

AFAIK there must be no reserve rides at all (includes collisions)

Also, it has to be all out, all in. So with this upcomming 328 way attempt (or however many) even if they get 327 in with one person sinking, and no reserve rides it doesnt count as a record.

UK Skydiver for all your UK skydiving needs.

Someone told me that for the record to qualify all participants must be alive 24 hours (or something like that) after the record was set. Was he just pulling my leg? ***

True. (at least that's what Kate told the group at JFTC, sure hope I understood her correct)

jumpnkramer wrote: ***Even still for a record to be a record is the dive that was planned is completed and held for 3 or more seconds.

I'm not sure I'm understanding what you're saying. But if you're trying to ask about slot assignments, the answer is this. Each jumper must be in the assigned slot with the correct grip. Example: if I need to pick up the grip on the left leg of the jumper in front of me, I better have that.
Time hold? I think they did away with that.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Someone told me that for the record to qualify all participants must be alive 24 hours (or something like that) after the record was set. Was he just pulling my leg? ***

True. (at least that's what Kate told the group at JFTC, sure hope I understood her correct)

jumpnkramer wrote: ***Even still for a record to be a record is the dive that was planned is completed and held for 3 or more seconds.

I'm not sure I'm understanding what you're saying. But if you're trying to ask about slot assignments, the answer is this. Each jumper must be in the assigned slot with the correct grip. Example: if I need to pick up the grip on the left leg of the jumper in front of me, I better have that.
Time hold? I think they did away with that.

The three second rule has gone. The jump must not violate any laws of the country or rules of the recognized authority governing the sport in that country - which means no FAR or BSR violations in the US.

Formation has to be as drawn with all grips complete, but I don't think there is any rule about who is in which slot. So if A goes a little low, B can move up to take that slot and if A gets back up, he can then take B's slot, and all is well (I think).

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Formation has to be as drawn with all grips complete, but I don't think there is any rule about who is in which slot. So if A goes a little low, B can move up to take that slot and if A gets back up, he can then take B's slot, and all is well (I think).

That IS correct! On one of the Texas record attempts, Dan O'Brian took someone elses slot but the low guy never got back up to take his.

I think you're right about that. I remember now hearing something along those lines. I dropped Kate a PM and asked her to take a look at this thread and give some input. I'll just wait till she post and remember what she says so I'll have the correct information next time someone ask.

I'm here.

World Records (FS) 101

a) you have to be under the canopy you are going to land at (I believe) 1,000 feet or so. The actual height is listed in meters. Reserve rides are fine, but do it quickly. There was a reserve ride on the actual record dive in Eloy.

b) You need to live for 24 hours. This refers to an injury received as a direct result of the event you are participating in. Therefore if you are in a car crash headed home from the DZ, no problem (except for you, of course). If you expire from injuries received in a landing incident on the record dive, no record. This rule has been used (sadly enough) in Paragliding competitions in the past.

c) The formation needs to be completed exactly like the drawing submitted to the judges prior to take off. People can be in different slots (two people side by side in a loop or whacker can exchange position) , but this is not practical for larger formations, so they are dirtdived and skydived "slot perfect".

d) If you say you are doing a 327 way, then all 327 people must dock and show a completed formation "in control". There is no minimum hold time and the decision on what constitutes in control is up to the judges.

Uh, I think that's all for now.

blues
k8