Blahr

Bad movie magic

Other bullshit I can remember:
In ER when Dr Greene is dying, he says he wants to do a parachute jump. For his first jump he does a solo, last out the plane, lovely dive to pin, nice body position, uses a throwaway then comes in to land doing a beautiful carved swoop landing. Wish I could do that on my first jump. :D

Also, from what I can remember of Erasure, Arnie jumps out a plane at about 500', deploys a round using the cutaway handle and lands wonderfully accuratly on top of a car.

Some wierd distortion of reality going on here.

UK Skydiver for all your UK skydiving needs.

Also, from what I can remember of Erasure, Arnie jumps out a plane at about 500', deploys a round using the cutaway handle and lands wonderfully accuratly on top of a car.

Its that kind of exceptional performance that will make him an ideal governor ;)

If you watch the fianl scene in Terminal Velocity...Where Sheen saves the girl from the back of the car....
Afetr he flies his main through the fire...He cuts it away and deploys his reserve..WITH A COLAPSABLE Pilot Chute...
Sometime it is hard to watch a jump scene from a jumpers POV....

Contrails in the sky, or cable wires are one thing...But you should be able to get your stunt scenes as close as possible to reality...

BASE 3:16 - Even if you are about to land on a cop - DONT FORGET TO FLARE!
Free the soul -- DJ

hmm, Im surprised you guys havent mentioned anything about the movie "cutaway"
this one takes the cake in many levels, the bullshit meter hit the jumprun plane.
I like the part where what's his name ...redline.hahaha cutsaway at the end of the movie and lands on the bullseye pad,
he looks like he's napping instead of looking like pepperonni pizza all over the concrete .
dennis rodman and the funny chesse twins deserve an award for "austounding performance, their chessyness was unprecedented"
and the baldwin hairball was doing head down on his 1st jump.
they should had shown more of the tall pilot chick in bikini if they wanted to up the movie rating or at least make my eyes stop from rolling them upwards too much.
Guy Manos owes beer big time.
( I gave the movie to my worst enemy)

Keeping it real 22x7

I saw this one movie with Keanu Reeves where they were talking to each in freefall by simply raising their voices a little...across long distances>_< And then they're like "OMG 1000 FEET!" And a bunch of stuff happened. THEN they deployed

And by the way ... NO skydive lasts that long. :|

----------------------------------------------------
"Never eat more than you can lift!" Miss Piggy
"Never fall faster than your Guardian Angel can fly."

Saw a magazeen this morning advertising roof racks. The front of the mag had a 4x4 with a roof rack on the top of a clif and a guy getting his paraglider off the roof rack. Just off the clif was another paraglider... then down below... whats that... thats right... its a PARACHUTE. Yes, they'd simply photoshop'ed in two guys under para-wing-type-thingies and figured it would look alright.

it wasnt even a BASE rig[:/] just some shmo under a canopy.

Not related to skydiving, but how about in Terminator 3 when they get in a cessna 150 ( i think?) and it has one set of tail numbers, then they cut to the plane flying with a different set of tail numbers, then they show it landing with the original set of tail numbers?