skybabe76

When it's pull-time .....

When i look back it causes poor body position.

I've had people literally rip me a new one when I tell them I don't look at my bag coming off my back. My mechanism works like this:

I look, wave, throw and then the clocks starts ticking in milliseconds. I know by the timing if something isn't right. If I don't become vertical within 2-3 seconds, I look up and see what is going on behind me.

Anyone agree?

"If you're going to be stupid, you better be tough!"

When i look back it causes poor body position.

I've had people literally rip me a new one when I tell them I don't look at my bag coming off my back. My mechanism works like this:

I look, wave, throw and then the clocks starts ticking in milliseconds. I know by the timing if something isn't right. If I don't become vertical within 2-3 seconds, I look up and see what is going on behind me.

Anyone agree?

I agree with you, I do that myself when my count reaches ZERO and nothing happens (so far it happened only twice).

The answer I gave prior is the 'short version' ;)

I have tried to look at the bag, as an experiment, several times......it happens so fast and I'm not an owl....e.g. I can't turn my head that far around. Therefore, even though I tried to see it several times, I've never witnessed the bag on deployment.

I've had this discussion with Scott Miller and he recommends not watching your canopy on opening. You will know if you have a mal! Make sure to check for line overs, broken lines, etc.....sometimes you won't feel them right off......but the point is you should look out for other skydivers on opening. Hands on the rears and heads up throughout the opening. Maybe this is a bit off topic but I felt I would post anyway.......

Never Give up! Never Surrender!

deployment sequence, confirm ground/alti for alti, wave off, reach behind, place PC in airstream, hold hard arch, while keeping eyes on alti/ground. Look if it delays! :)

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...

I know a jumper who never waves off. I've seen this person complete a backloop and dump with people right there. (I have video.) Nasty thing to do.

I never look at my bag, but as I'm tracking away, I usually track on my back, then do a couple barrel rolls before I pull, just in case.

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

I know a jumper who never waves off. I've seen this person complete a backloop and dump with people right there. (I have video.) Nasty thing to do. reply]

Hope you don't jump with them anymore!

I Look, Wave overhead, Pull.

Trying to watch my d-bag come off my back would be asking for a function.