jumpinjackflash

Backloops

Have to do Level 6 this week....

Can everyone let me know how they did on backloops for the first time???

I think, after reading about it, that I can do it, I just hope I pull it off, I really want to get to 7 and Grad...

Backlooping hard? Easy?

thanks up front for any input!

jjf

i fell down to my knees and I started to pray....
It's a gas, gas, gas...

Go to skydivingmovies.com then to the student section and watch some of the level 6's. Its easy to do but feels a bit weird on your first try. Watch the video and it will give you an idea on what to do. First time I tried mine I didn't get all the way around because I didn't move my hands at the same time. 2nd try I did it all at the same time and sure enough over I went. Great fun and easy to do, no worries...;)

Fairly easy, just do exactly what your instructor says and over you go...sort of!
Anyway, I'm pretty sure that they're more concerned with you recovering stability afterwards than performing a really tight loop...whatever happens have fun!

I may be gullible but at least I have a magic fish

this is what my instructors told me on how to do a backloop: pretend like youre holding a broom stick out in from of you (horizontally) with your arms in front of you. then bring both of your knees up together kind of hard and quick to pretend like youre breaking the stick over your knees.
it's really easy and it happens fast, so once you feel yourself starting to flip, get your legs back into the neutral position.
but remember that the main idea of this jump is not to do a perfect back loop, its to show that you can go from an unstable position back to stable. from whatever position you end up in, just arch and relax and it should all work out just fine!
good luck:) let us know how you do!!!
cheers!

I found them pretty tough, but then I suck:)
Anyway, it looks like all that matters is to recover back to a stable position, so this is all pretty irrelevant.

-- Toggle Whippin' Yahoo
Skydiving is easy. All you have to do is relax while plummetting at 120 mph from 10,000' with nothing but some nylon and webbing to save you.

this is what my instructors told me on how to do a backloop: pretend like youre holding a broom stick out in from of you (horizontally) with your arms in front of you. then bring both of your knees up together kind of hard and quick to pretend like youre breaking the stick over your knees.
it's really easy and it happens fast, so once you feel yourself starting to flip, get your legs back into the neutral position.
but remember that the main idea of this jump is not to do a perfect back loop, its to show that you can go from an unstable position back to stable. from whatever position you end up in, just arch and relax and it should all work out just fine!
good luck:) let us know how you do!!!
cheers!

this is exactly how to do it...

break a stick across your knees and you will be fine...

it happens fast...

My first attempt at a backflip looked more like a corkscrew/tumble or something manuever :S It wasn't pretty.

The JM just wants to see you get unstable, then stable. Don't sweat it too much. You'll do fine!
:)

LOL
This is what I'm betting mine will look like!!!

As far as getting "Stable" again, I can handle it, had to do it a few times before (HA, not on purpose of course!!!)

THANKS!!!!

jjf

I howled at my ma in the drivin rain...
It's a gas, gas, gas...

Go to skydivingmovies.com then to the student section and watch some of the level 6's. Its easy to do but feels a bit weird on your first try. Watch the video and it will give you an idea on what to do. First time I tried mine I didn't get all the way around because I didn't move my hands at the same time. 2nd try I did it all at the same time and sure enough over I went. Great fun and easy to do, no worries...;)

VERY COOL!!! Great Idea, I keep forgetting about that site!

Sounds great, thanks for the heads up!

Very funny though, I had no idea it was for you. I thought it was all for me!!!

Blues,

jjf

I've got gas gas gas...
It's a gas, gas, gas...