Blahr

Crosskeys question

Howdy,

This is for any folks that regularly jump at Corsskeys.

Hows the winter jumping there?

How much altitude do you get due to temperature?

I ask because I'll be starting back to jumping in just a few more weeks, just in time for cold weather :S

I dont want to immediately stop for the winter right after starting again...

i used to jump at CK until I moved to FL.

you'll go to full alti, cloud permitting of course. They don't wimp out due to a little 40 below or anything.:)
It's chilly, but there are a bunch of locals who religiously jump all winter. I believe the caravan is used mostly.

talk with some of the regulars about what they do for warmth. I would NOT recommend an open face helmet. brrrrrrr. Freeze Fest is a blast.

__

I would NOT recommend an open face helmet. brrrrrrr

Unless you wear a balaclava (a wear one, a military type and is awesome)

Isnt that some kind of pastry? ;)
I guess enough of that would keep you warm but man would you look stupid!

I went to freezefest a couple years ago. Made sure to buy a Z1 beforehand. It was cold. Sat down after jumping for maybe a half hour before I could move my hands enough to pack comfortably. Couldnt even take my gloves off after landing cause my hands hurt so much. It was fun though!

Dave

Couldnt even take my gloves off after landing cause my hands hurt so much.

Sort of like smashing each one of you fingers with a hammer.Lots of people,great party.
Replying to: Re: Stall On Jump Run Emergency Procedure? by billvon

If the plane is unrecoverable then exiting is a very very good idea.

I've jumped in -22 degree weather at alt with an open face and to tell the truth that didnt even bother me ...it was the fact that I didnt where winter gloves that hurt ,,, I just had on my summer time nuemans (sp)..:S Really didnt feel a thing because of the adrenaline but as soon as I landed ... EXTREME PAIN in my hands.... needless to say the next jump I borrowed some winter gloves!!!

jason
Freedom of speech includes volume

I usually wimp out when it starts getting too cold and I stop jumping till Spring. This year I had knee surgery so I missed the whole Summer. I'm just starting to jump again this weekend! :S

There are plenty of people crazy enough to jump in the cold & snow...I may be one of them this year. Definitely wear layers and WARM gloves.

See ya there! B|

BettyAnn

Getting married? Check out my website!

I do NOT jump through the winter here anymore but am proud to say that I come from a dz of hardcore jumpers. ;) And it's surprisingly busy!

The hangar is heated, the café always has hot chocolate and coffee, and the planes will fly to full altitude (weather permitting).

The cool thing about the winter is that you can do a few jumps during the day and when you're sufficiently frozen - the beerlight comes on early!

Check the December Parachutist ad for Freezefest - I think you'll see we've found a new and exciting way to keep you guys warm! ;)

Action expresses priority. - Mahatma Ghandi