bomb420

Two Out, side by side, Chop?

There are still some instructors out there teaching the 45 degree angle rule regarding exit separation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's what I was taught-- is there a better way to determine exit separation?

Yes, the 45-degree theory is worthless. Do a search, this has been debated a lot.

Derek

Why does it say to fly the biplane to the left? If I had a side by side or biplane above me I would probably just let it be and try to find a good place to land. Downplane I would think your only option is to cut away, if not I doubt PLF is going to help [:/]

"Why does it say to fly the biplane to the left?"

I wouldn't normally bother but seeing as its safety, and I'm all about safety....I'll repeat what I said earlier...

"One thing to watch out for though..."If the side-by-side develops into a biplane, fly it as recommended to the left." instead of 'left' it should read "as described above for Biplane". Somethings don't translate directly from the printed page to a website."

The original article was printed in the British Mag, where column layout etc was different to the web page. The instructions on how to fly a biplane were actually to the left of this statement....:S:);)
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson