charleslittle

season running out...need my A-License!

I live in the Midwest and our season is all but over. It's getting darn cold around Chicagoland. I'm wondering if you guys & gals have any advice or experience to share in regards to continuing my skydive training at multiple drop zones. In other words...if I'm running out of weather here in Chicago, maybe I can continue jumping in other areas where the weather is nice. I'm a little afraid, as my DZ is the only one I've ever jumped from. They're like my family when it comes to skydiving. I haven't trusted anyone else with my life as of yet! Any feedback is more than welcomed! Thanks.
"Life is a party...dance your way through it!"

You'll come to find that any DZ you go to, you will most likely feel welcomed, and you will feel "at home" with them. I'm sure they'd be glad to help you continue your progress, PLUS it'd be nice to get some nice warm weather jumps in too. Although, i'm psyched about landing in snow :)
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

I know how you feel. I have 3 more left for my A license and it is getting cold at my home DZ (near Cleveland Ohio) but I am going to finish this year no matter what. I think landing in the snow will be fun too;).

Definitely keep jumping in the winter if you can. I plan on it. :S

And definitely do hop&pops, especially if you can do them out of a 182, that is fun.

And definitely do hop&pops, especially if you can do them out of a 182, that is fun.

I'll second that (fun) it's almost like floating off the plane
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

Here in Indianapolis our DZ will jump if it's 40 degrees or better. I jumped yesterday to work on finishing my "A" also. I dressed warm and it wasn't too bad, other than the 4000 feet of ice I did most of my freefall through, my face stung for about a half hour after that. Maybe I should have bought a fullface helmet and not the Z1 EVO I got? Most of our DZ is going to Deland for Thanksgiving, hope there's no ice there!

Wow, I'm with you guys on this. I am in Ohio and it is getting pretty chilly up here. I am on jump 21 and am trying so hard to get my a license before it gets too cold. I would like to travel around this winter if possible. It is supposed to be beautiful up here this weekend, though, and because I have taken Friday and Monday off of work, I plan on getting as many jumps in as possible. I can't wait for tomorrow morning!!! I have found out, though, it would be wise to invest in a pair of gloves... my fingers were numb for the longest time after my jumps last Friday... ::smile:: Good luck to you all about getting your license before your season is over. I am definitely going to try for some hop and pops this winter. I don't want to fall out of practice. Hmm... I didn't consider that before. I wonder if it really is possible to fall out of practice...
~~~~
Rachel
~~~~~~~~~~~
-Converting the world one whuffo at a time.

Coming from Wisconsin, I don't get what's up with all this "cold" talk. We jump all year here. As long as we can get out above fifteen below or so, and the ground temp is above, well, the same, we jump! :ph34r: It's that or go skiing! Good luck on that "A"!!!

Don't tell me I can't! I already know that! Haven't you seen my x-rays?