TheMonkey

How to get in touch with Icarus???

have been calling the USA number from Here for last 2 days and nobody answers....anybody have a better number that they answer????

edit to add i have sent them email too, with no response!

---------------------
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!

I've been considering purchasing an Icarus canopy... is this indicitative of poor customer service (which includes being able to get ahold of them)?

There is no can't. Only lack of knowledge or fear. Only you can fix your fear.

PMS #227 (just like the TV show)

perhaps, but i will reserve judgement until i know that for sure....

It happens!
What? Shit?!!
Sometimes!

Edit to add: ftr, i have not heard of icarus having poor cust serv...for all i know my dumbass might be dialing the wrong number!

---------------------
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!

have been calling the USA number from Here for last 2 days and nobody answers....anybody have a better number that they answer????

edit to add i have sent them email too, with no response!

OK, in fairness to Icarus, the last two days were Saturday and Sunday.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

i have cast no aspersions towards icarus, i just want to demo one of their canopies....i should have clarified by saying last day and a half, as in all day monday and today!

---------------------

Hey, I had the same problem with Icarus, however, they're changing personal right now, thus this will not be an issue in the future.

Let me find the number for Wyat that I posted a few weeks ago. He's the new demo guy for the US, he'll go out of his way to take care of you, he did for me!

Basically, they've been having severe customer service problems, though they weren't very aware of it, once they became aware of it, they've been busting their ass to take care of them!

I'll post the number in a couple minutes.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Ok, here ya go. I couldn't find his number (I think its in my cellphone in my truck...), BUT here's his e-mail. He's quick on the response for e-mails.

Wyat asked me to post his personal e-mail address here so in the future, folks can contact him. He's taking over the sales and demos in America.

[email protected]

Here's a link to my thread about the same things you're experiencing:

clicky
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Wyat's the man! From the conversation I just had with him, I would say that Icarus is not having customer service issues anymore!

Considering you had to get his contact details on here, I would say they do have customer service issues. Might be as silly as forgetting to forward the emails to the new rep, but its still there.
Remster

wyat is on the road right now so i am not bitter about the lack of email response, and the phone problem was a phone problem, not an icarus problem....he is basically bending over backwards to get a demo out to me by this weekend, so imo of my dealings over a 2 day period with them i would say their customer service is pretty solid.

---------------------

he is basically bending over backwards to get a demo out to me by this weekend,

Interesting, is Rob still there? I thought he took care of the demo stuff.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

According to Icarus they had a power failure for most of Monday and was only resovled this afternoon. This prevented Fax, Phone, and Internet contact with the US offices.

The customer service on the other hand is another issue.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

just as a follow up...Wyat shipped a demo to me the same night he returned from being on the road, got it out at 8pm and shipped it 3day so that i would have it for the weekend.

right now Icarus is getting top marks from me on the customer service front!

my $0.02

---------------------