Skye23

Do I stop skydiving?

:|

so what do I do??

well Don't stop jumping....[:/]. You said that you had relocated....have you found work???.. are you happy where you are? ( regarding things other than skydiving.....:o... )
If not,, then maybe your relocation is not yet finished.... :oB|;)
Go somewhere ELSE!!!.. if it's logistically sensible.... and leave this dropzone Behind....
lemme guess...>:( It is a place where ONE person runs everything???.. Is It primarily a cessna dz???..... Are they "busy" with students,,,?? Do they bump experienced people,, like YOU.... to "send up tandems"????.. If so... then fear not!!!!! your travels simply haven't ended yet......you may have just gone to the "wrong place"
Go somewhere else,, at least for your skydiving
and bring YOUR attitude with you... because you are correct..... Drop Zones should always be a place where the brotherhood and sisterhood which we all share.... should be evident and obvious.... If you have been jumping for a while,, then you know probably know how to help make that happen..wherever you go. Good luck. jmy

Thanks for the support. I don' think that I am going to let this bad experience destroy something that I love. I am trying to figure out whether I should swallow my pride and give it another chance o drive over for a couple of hours to a much better bigger and friendlier dz. The thing is is that I am one of the few girls at this dropzone, and maybe this intimidates some of these people. The thing is is that my boyfriend is on staff there, but instead of supporting me, he says its my fault for acting like I am better than everyone else. That is completely untrue, I've been skydiving long enough to sense bad vibes, and I don't think that I should kiss peoples ass just to get them to be nice to me. If they are going to act like a bunch of tightasses, then I don't need them, or their stupid dropzone. I am just pissed off that some people forget that skydiving is about being a family just as much as it is about jumping out of planes.

The thing is is that I am one of the few girls at this dropzone, and maybe this intimidates some of these people. The thing is is that my boyfriend is on staff there, but instead of supporting me, he says its my fault for acting like I am better than everyone else.

Wow, I think you need a new DZ AND a new boyfriend!

What part of the country are you in. Maybe some people nearby will take you to their DZ's and introduce you to the regulars.
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

Thanks for the support

:)

some people forget that skydiving is about being a family just as much as it is about jumping out of planes.

well apparently YOU haven't forgotten.. good for you...@ our dz I often feel that it is MORE about the people who get to see each other every week,, than it is about the jumpin':o :D :P B| .....though I must admit... I don't mind the skydiving,,, ONE bit !!!!!!!:o ;) :)
skydive softly, skydive often, skydive with friends

been through this 5 times. from PA, to TX, to Arkansas, to Florida (Alabama/Missippi), to Arizona.

some DZs have the coolest people. some DZs aren't as friendly. but the one thing i have found is that when you give it enough time, you'll make friends and have a good time.

i think that the fun of it is jumping with these young freefly freaks one day and then jumping with these 55 year old heavy set guys the next. in all, it makes you a better jumper with more friends.

give it time. if you love skydiving, you'll figure things out.
"dude, where's my main?"

After having jumped 39 states and 69 DZ's I've found only two DZ's that I'll never go back to and just a couple that were so cliquish as to be rude or seem unfriendly.
Usually all it has taken is for me to be my extroverted self and stand in the middle of the packing area and introduce myself. Even the most cliquish have then been atleast curious enough to invite me along and get to know me.

It sounds to me like there may be other issues here besides just some old farts set in their ways/groups. I only have half a story.

I don't think you should stop jumping because of others, thats as personal a decision as jumping itself. I do however wish you the best of luck breaking into the group/groups at your current DZ and if thats not possible take your money elsewhere.

Blueskies!

ChileRelleno-Rodriguez Bro#414
Hellfish#511,MuffBro#3532,AnvilBro#9, D24868

If skydiving is what you love, you should not quit doing it. I like a lot of what other people have said, too. I can recall one Drop Zone I visited that I got some pretty weird vibes at. No one there knew me either. Had that been my only DZ to choose from I probably would have moved to another DZ, quit the sport for a while or gone back to give it another chance.

Bottom line is don't quit doing what you love for anybody unless of course you are in my position, I wonder if I should quit the sport only because I am my daughter's last living parent. (It is a tough decision to make especially since it is how I can earn the most money right now with a great schedule as I have been in this industry for the last 7 years and it is what I really enjoy doing). I will probably end up continuing on as an AFF-I and learn rigging which is something I can do on the ground until I get through school ...

So if I continue jumping you should not let some unfriendlies stand in the way of your jumping cause in the whole big picture of things, that would be silly. I have met many of the most incredible people I have ever known in this sport and I have met a couple of the worst too. Skydiving is just like any other community. There are coolios and there are AssHoles and you just have to find the coolios is all.
;););)

Oh and I think if you give us a chance for the most part we are a pretty good group of people :P:P:P
Roy Bacon: "Elvises, light your fires."

Sting: "Be yourself no matter what they say."

The thing is is that I am one of the few girls at this dropzone, and maybe this intimidates some of these people. The thing is is that my boyfriend is on staff there,

This maaaaaaay have something to do with this... Some DZs have a couples feel to them, others not at all. Plus depending on the dynamics there, your relationship may be part of it.
Remster