lkolkin

Why did you start skydiving/ BASE jumping?

I was always the kid with her head, feet, hands... hanging out the window on the highway, while her dads yelling and desperately trying to grab her back in.
Jump to age 28. Things weren't going so good, new job sucked, money wasn't coming in, room mates sucked:| I spent hours on the puter hiding in my room an met this guy....
http://www.skyfilth.com
We talked for a whole summer and I was going nutz cuz I couldn't jump!:S
Well at the end of the summer Sedge got sick of my whining and sent me a ticket to go to Cali in the mail. Took me too Perris, threw me out of a plane an sent me home. I haven't looked back!
Sedge you rock f*@k!

"Diligent observation leads to pure abstraction". Lari Pittman

Always wanted to fly.

Broke my ankle at the age of 4, jumping out a tree house. B|
Bumped my head and fell unconcious for 5 hours at the age of 6, doing a head-down off my bunkbed. B|
After that, I was told, "NO WAY" every time I wanted to climb anything or dive off anything. [:/]
Watched showjumpers landing at a concert B| at the age of 16 and told my s.o, "I'm gonna skydive!"
His response? ..."NO WAY" >:(
Dumped him.
Told my parents, "I'm gonna skydive"
Their response? ..."NO WAY! As long as you're living under THIS roof, you abide by THESE rules!" >:(
I moved out.
A year ago, I decided, fuck em all! I'm gonna skydive.
Best thing I EVER did! My family think I'm crazy, but are learning to deal with the fact that I'm doing something I love, and there's nothing they can do to stop me! :ph34r::P:D

not jumping sux

18 years ago..watching the skydivers landing in Folsom Stadium after the Boulder Bolder 10K Race. I always looked forward to the finish line and watching them and dreaming of how cool it'd be for me to skydive. Took me long enough...but finally got around to it!:)

I started BASE out of the initial curiousity. And I'll stick true to my statement that if someone actually jumps from a fixed object, enjoys it enough to do it again... there's a screw loose somewhere. Heh, but I always knew that about myself, so no suprises there ;)

Its everything I thought it would be, and more.

I started skydiving because of the same curiousity. The dream of unihibited human flight intrigued me and still does.

When I was like 11 or so, my dad bought a "lazer disc player"... you know the big huge cd's as big as records?

Well, it came with a demo disk that had windsurfing, extreme skiing, kayaking, and of course...skydiving and base jumping.

Ever since I saw that I have wanted to skydive.

This past summer, I drove to my local dz, and 10 min after walking into the hanger, before I even did a single jump or anything...I purchased the A license package.

5 months and 7 grand later, here I am.

PS..my new mirage was put together over the weekend Im going tomorrow morning to pick it up at Aerohio!..ill be sure to post pics! Yeehaw!