cze02

participant data

In what country? Are you a skydiver? If so, look in your national skydiving publication and see what those license numbers are up to. Those numbers, by category, are the number of people who have earned each license. Does this mean that all are still skydiving? Absolutely not, but I am not sure there is any way a "citizen" can access the information on how many dues-paying current members of the USPA (or your nation's skydiving governing body) hold what license. Even if you had that, I doubt that you could find out how many of those dues-paying members are still active.

Chuck

Can we block people who provide little or no info on their profile?>:(

No, but we don't neccessarily have to feed information to anyone with blank profiles who we, as individuals, suspect as having ulterior motives. This was the first post by the individual, so I sent them a PM asking what their deal is. There is no requirement to fill in any of that information, but people should not get upset if they get scoffed at on these boards should they try to intentionally mislead others by either not filling in the information or providing "other than factual or complete" information.

i dont understand. what does having a blank profile have to do with his question? maybe its a foreigner whos just curious about jumpers in he usa. ive sat here thinking for a few minutes about the question, and what kind of ulterior motive the person could have and cant seem to come up with any.

anyhow, dosent seem to me like anyone would be able to do anything diabolical with the answer to his or her question. actually, i cant see anything at all they would be able to do with it except maybe satisfy curiosity, but id wouldnt mind hearing anyone elses hypothesis since i cant come up with anything else.

Actually, I totally answered his question.

i saw that in the post you made before the second. i wasnt flaming you, just replying and you were the last post when i hit reply that i had read. i was curious tho since everyone seems to get their panties in a wad when someone has no profile.

Can we block people who provide little or no info on their profile?>:(

We could take it further........
My list of posting restrictions

Introductions and Greets - Only people with less than 10 posts
Women Only - Only females
General Skydiving Discussions - only people with at least 1 jump
Safety and Training - Anyone can post a question but only instructors can answer
Gear and Rigging - as above but only riggers can answer
Incidents - Only people with at least one hospital visit due to a skydiving injury
Places to Jump - only licensed jumpers
Skydiving History & Trivia - only historians
Swooping and Canopy Control - only people that jump cross-braced canopies
Relative Work - No freeflier can post here
Freeflying - only people with no friends
Canopy Relative Work - only people with line burns on their sneakers
Wing Suit Flying - only people with more than 500 jumps
Photography and Video - only people with funny shaped heads
The BASE Zone - only crazy people
I' m bored now :P