lovinit

hop-n-pop

Hello all. I jumped three times last Saturday, my last being my first hop-n-pop. I was an amazing feeling, and all went well. I am more addicted to it now than ever. I must say though that when it came time to do my hop-n-pop, i got really nervous. but all was ok. I feel great.

Hop & Pops are the shit! You always get to sit near the door, always get a good spot, get straight to the good part(for me at least), and have no traffic to deal with.B|

-We are the Swoophaters. We have travelled back in time to hate on your swoops.-

I did AFF, and when it came time for the Hop n' Pop, I swore I could read the names on the mailboxes.

Good on ya'!

Cheers -

I did S/L and after I passed my 15 s, my next jump was from 13k. The kilometer-wide student field looked like an ant. I saw Alaska, Japan, and Mexico at the same time.

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.

Hop and Pops are fun, get to sit at or next to the door (esp fun in a skyvan, i hang my feet out the back) you can even go out on the strut or hang off the wing of the plane if the pilot doesnt mind. and if there are tandems on the load, its fun to scare them and go screaming as you run out the back and do a back flip!

"Airborne all the way"
EL Cantador Rodriguez

CONGRATS!!! I was so incredibly nervous on my first hop n pop, now they're just great!! Glad you loved it. :)
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

"I jumped three times last Saturday, my last being my first hop-n-pop."

This is too weird!
I had almost the same weekend as you did. On Saturday I did a recurrency jump with Ron (she rocks--best training I've ever had) and "Scottish John"/AFF instructor candidate.

Yikes! After 3 years off, I'd forgotten how friggin' scary it is to dive out of a plane (2 go-arounds didn't help).

Did a solo from 13K after that.

Sunday was packing class with Nate at Eloy (you rock, Nate!) and my hop-n-pop. No, I didn't have to jump my pack job--but I think it would've opened--maybe.

I'd never ridden in the back, next to the door, before. I was smashed up against the door and couldn't get my seatbelt on. The video guy for the 8-way told me to lean half-way out the door. Thanks--it worked.

Barely had time to settle in before we were at 3K. Video guy next to me says, "you might want to get ready..." So, I put on my goggles and helmet.

At 4K, someone rolls door up. HINT: do NOT hold onto bar above door--fingers WILL get smashed (thanks, again video guy!). I suddenly see everyone on load staring at me and organizer across from me says, "OK . . . . (as in HELLO??)" I look over my shoulder, light is green. Oh--sorry--SEEYA!!!

I hopped out, arched, felt arch kick in around 2-thousand, pulled at 5-thousand, nice soft opening, fun under canopy, easy standup at the edge of the grass under 10kt winds. Oh yeah!!!

It was WAY FUN. Not enough time to sweat out the ride up or consider the low alti--just jump and pull. S'all good B|

I'm scheduled for 3 coach jumps with Stefan tomorrow early afternoon. Assuming I do OK--should have my "A" by sunset tomorrow. If you're in the Bent Prop and "mention this ad" I'll buy you a beer. Look for the relieved guy (40-ish) with spiky brown hair and the sh@t-eating grin.:P
“Keep your elbow up!"

I'm so excited for you, and really wish I could have been there. This Micro Mini Leek better be worth all the WATCHING and not JUMPING in my future........;)

Blue skies and NO SNOW!

Shinda

An audience of 35 head of cattle was not exactly what I had in mind for that last landing.........

Bubbles, all you do are hop 'n pops!

Stay safe,
Mike

Nonsense! I'm not one of you. i still freefall ...

...sometimes ;)
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM