Unstable

NEVER JUMPED A 182?!??!?!?!

Like I said earlier I have only jumped the 182 once. I agree that the exit off the little plate over the wheel was kick ass. I just felt like I was bumping the pilot too much and more importantly I had a terrible time moving around to get into position. It was just to damn uncomforatable. Maybe I am spoiled but damn it, I like my Otter.:P.

I would not mind doing another 182 jump but with only three people on it rather than 4.

Maybe if I loose weight . . . who am I kidding?!:S

My first ever skydive was from a small Cessna in Cairns, Australia but I have never jumped out of one since then. To be honest I think the experience has put me off. First they couldn't start the engine so we sat there sweltering in the heat, then we had to wait ages whilst other aircraft landed (the DZ used the Cairns international airport), including a flying school doing touch and go's. The flight to altitude took an age and despite it being Oz it got bloody cold on the way up. On run in another plane deposited a tandem in front of us meaning that we had to go around. All I saw was a blur moving very fast groundwards. When it was time to climb out I had difficulty getting my left foot over the trim on the edge of the door. By this time I was cold, stiff, nervous. The video is hilarious. I had to make two attempts to get my left foot over the trim, then it was like a game of twister to get my right foot between the JM's feet and onto the tyre, my hands on the strut, then my left foot around the video man's feet. The jump itself went well apart from me being as stiff as a plank (arch what arch?).

Since then though I have had an unnatural aversion to small Cessnas, something which I will really have to get over next season.