dkf1979

World Freefall Competition

I just made my first skydive this year. So I'm new to this whole skydiving world. Tell me about the convention. Have you guys ever been there? I thought I read as many as 5000 skydivers?!?! How many jumpships will be there? I CAN NOT wait till August. Granted, I'm seriously doubting I'll have the 50 jumps needed to be able to jump, but you can put your money on me being there. Is it in Rantoul, IL, or Quincy, IL? As far as camping out, can I bring a tent and cooler and just set up to spend the weekend? I'm sure it's a blast. Can't wait!!
http://bodypilot.bounceme.net

don't they usually have a windtunnel? that would be fun to try. i can only imagine the kinds of aircrafts that will be there. since i won't have my required # of jumps, I wonder if they have tandem jumps out of the c-130's. I'd love to jump that ship
http://bodypilot.bounceme.net

Maybe it was just me but the portable wind tunnel that was there didn't seem to go over too well. I think some people went over there when we were on a weather hold but besides that I don't remember hearing it run too much. Am I wrong? It is quite possible that I just don't REMEMBER it. No one has mentioned the endless party, free beer and stuff. I guess since I mostly worked I remember more of the party than I do the jumping (since I only got to do 3 jumps on the last Saturday anyway :( ). It's an experience.