DShiznit

I'm now uncurrent... :(

Well, it has been almost 50 days since I have last jumped. I only have 14 jumps, trying to get my A. Weather here has sucked every weekend, and been beatiful during the week (Central Texas).

I think I'm going through withdrawl.

I have yet to talk to a new jumpmaster about getting current again, I know that I only need to do a coaching jump or two.

What is the longest I can wait before I'll have to start from scratch?

If you are an unlicensed skydiver, you must make at least one training jump per 30 days in order to remain current. At my last dropzone if you showed up uncurrent and were wanting to jump, you were going to pay me $45 to retrain you and depending on where you were on your A-card, you might end up paying for a coach dive.

Chuck Blue
ex-officio manager of RPC school and current gypsy skydiving instructor

If you are an unlicensed skydiver, you must make at least one training jump per 30 days in order to remain current. At my last dropzone if you showed up uncurrent and were wanting to jump, you were going to pay me $45 to retrain you and depending on where you were on your A-card, you might end up paying for a coach dive.

Chuck Blue
ex-officio manager of RPC school and current gypsy skydiving instructor

Cool, just happy I don't have to start over.... Looks like the weather isn't going to cooperate for a few more weeks, either. [:/]

When I was an office manager at a DZ, if unlicensed skydivers came out and really tried to stay current, and weather kept them grounded, we worked out some kind of deal with the JMs to get them back current under the BSRs. Check with your DZ, they may have something worked out. Afterall; you have not control over the weather. If on the other hand, you weren't trying and it was a habit with unlicensed skydivers to show up every so often, I had them pay full price. It's all about effort.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

When I was an office manager at a DZ, if unlicensed skydivers came out and really tried to stay current, and weather kept them grounded, we worked out some kind of deal with the JMs to get them back current under the BSRs. Check with your DZ, they may have something worked out. Afterall; you have not control over the weather. If on the other hand, you weren't trying and it was a habit with unlicensed skydivers to show up every so often, I had them pay full price. It's all about effort.

Yeah, I brought that up last time I was there. I've been to the DZ three full weekends that I wasn't able to do anything. I did get a ride up and back down, though.

It was usually the winds that wouldn't go below 20mph. The one perfect weekend I wasn't able to go due to other commitments....

You could always call in sick on a good weather day
to get back in the saddle rather than waiting for the right weekend.

Of course I have NEVER blown off work to go skydiving
and probably nobody else here has either ;)

It IS an option though :)

I assume the advice here is for US regulations (please say when you post).

At my dz in the uk (netheravon), if you are on RAPS then every time you go up and get a free refresh on emergency procedures, exits and anything special you're doing on the next jump, you are made current for the next 3 months (subject to having had a refresh shortly before your actual jump).

From the 2004 SIM

4. AFF students cleared to self-supervise in freefall but who have not jumped in the preceding 30 days should make at least one jump and demonstrate the ability to start and stop turns, maintain altitude awareness, and the ability to maintain stability during deployment, with a currently rated AFF Instructor.

A maximum time limit for students is not specified by USPA. However, if it's past a few months, there's going to be more scrutiny for you. It'll be up to the S&TA at your dropzone to determine how long is too long.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

A maximum time limit for students is not specified by USPA. However, if it's past a few months, there's going to be more scrutiny for you. It'll be up to the S&TA at your dropzone to determine how long is too long.

Thanks for the quote! It looks like if I just stay willing (weather aside) I should be good to go.

Thanks all!

First off you live in Austin-2nd I made 5 jumps last weekend at Skydive Temple you know where it is cause you were there recently 3rd get your ass to the DZ do a level 4 and all will be better. 5th quit selling all your shit (Neptune).
Voodew

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

First off you live in Austin-2nd I made 5 jumps last weekend at Skydive Temple you know where it is cause you were there recently 3rd get your ass to the DZ do a level 4 and all will be better. 5th quit selling all your shit (Neptune).
Voodew

LMAO!!!

That was the weekend that was tied up that I couldn't get out...

btw - selling the neptune to fund the new rig that I'm getting next week. I'll get another one shortly.

Yeah, the weather is going to suck ass this weekend.

B|

PS the weather looks like shit even at SSM

Today but by Sunday afternoon it looks like it will be jumpable.

"Truth is tough. It will not break, like a bubble, at a touch; nay, you may kick it about all day like a football, and it will be round and full at evening."
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes

From the 2004 SIM

4. AFF students cleared to self-supervise in freefall but who have not jumped in the preceding 30 days should make at least one jump and demonstrate the ability to start and stop turns, maintain altitude awareness, and the ability to maintain stability during deployment, with a currently rated AFF Instructor.

A maximum time limit for students is not specified by USPA.

???? It specifically states, "but who have not jumped in the preceding 30 days."

I am glad to see you are optimistic---let me know how that works out for you!!
This weekend is for telling stories about skydives and drinking heavily!
Voodew

Hey Voodew,

Had fun this afternoon!! Thanks for riding along. :P

btw, I got a hop n pop off today, so currency has been reinstated. B|