DOCsa

newbie moving to u.k

i'm moving to the u.k. and am not sure i can bring my rig with me (i might need to sell it for the money to survive in the u.k. )

does u.k. dropzone acnolige south african skydivers and what prices am i looking at to jump ?

I don't know whether UK Dropzones acknowledge SA skydiving qualifications - I'll leave that for someone else to answer. I think they do coz I've noticed some South Africans jumping last year.

I can tell you a ticket to altitude costs around £18 - this is about 230 RAND.

Where abouts in the UK will you be moving to? Picked out a DZ yet? There are a couple of extremely comprehensive threads on here about different DZ's if you are looking to pick one.

If you are going to jump here you may want to factor in the fact that gear hire prices here are pretty high, so it may work out cheaper if you brought your own kit with.

If you amble up to Nethers one weekend we have a fairly strong SA contingent (mostly concentrated around the bar) who will be able to give you help. Oh and hang onto the rig, they are def more expensive here.
I'm drunk, you're drunk, lets go back to mine....

Hi

They generally acknowledge SA qualifications. It does however depend on your level of experience. If you can demonstrate your currency to the CCI involved by means of your logbook etc., they will let you jump.

BTW. I am from SA as well and have been in the UK for the last few years. If you have any questions, please PM me.
Blue Skies
SoftNotes
"That's not flying.... that's falling with style!"