shawnstarr

i'm gonna move south and camp at a DZ (need advice)

i need sunshine! i want to pack up and head to southern california or arizona until summer. what do you all think is the best dropzone in the southwest for living in a tent at. just wondering if anyone can offer advice about camping and jumping at Eloy, Perris, Elsinore, ect... which one has a grocery store thats close, showers, good camping area and friendly atmosphere? i've never jumped outside the northwest or at a large dropzone before so i don't know what to expect.

Perris has a nice tent area, but it gets a bit loud when there is a lot of business, plus people walk through the tent city to take shortcuts to get to the back parking area. Eloy is really cool because you can just pitch a tent out in the middle of the desert and chill (or bark at the moon!). Both dropzones have everything you need to live: restaurant, bar, airplanes.

Elsinore has a convenience store within walking distance where you could get most things you might need. Camping is free there or you could stay in the bunkhouse. . .It is only 7 bucks a night. The bunkhouse also has a kitchen and accessories for cooking, etc. The showers are available to anyone so no issues there.
FGF #6
Darcy

Eloy is really cool because you can just pitch a tent out in the middle of the desert and chill (or bark at the moon!).

And here I thought those were f****** coyotes I was hearing every night....:D:D

nope...neighbors in WA have been wondering when the coyotes moved in too