beej

anvil tunnel time

Is it possible for a 250 pound guy to do tunnel time? ie. do they sink too much?

I did the tunnel at Vegas in July while weighing 250. So you shouldn't have any problem other than it will probably give you a natural tendency to "hug the beachball"(pretty much a necessitty for a anvil to fly in the tunnel). That's actually a bonus as it makes it a lot easier to keep up with your smaller jump buds when doing RW.

-Blind
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."

how tall are you? if you're 6'4" 250 and built like a basketball player, then you'll be fine. if you're 5'4" 250 and built like a bowling ball, you'll be a bottom-feeder and probably won't get off the net. if you can't get off the net, you're probably not gonna be having a very good time nor will you get to learn very much because you're not physically in the air.

our guidelines at skyventure orlando are:

6'0" or shorter: 230-ish pounds or less
over 6'0": 250-ish or less

these are NOT hard fast numbers but are pretty good guidelines.

hope this helps...

arlo

If you can stay stable then the controller can crank up the wind and get you off the net. If you cant stay stable they will keep you on the net until you can control yourself.

The first time I went to Orlando I had 3 jumps, one tandem and 2 AFF. I was all over the place in the tunnel (I almost flew out of one of the doors, Grabbed onto the net, It was aweful -no video though :ph34r:) Then the next time I went out there I had 5or 6 jumps and I was able to stay in the middle of the tunnel but still moved around a little bit and just like the first time they kept the wind low and I had my arms straight, legs straight, no arch and i was getting maybe 1-2 feet off the net. The next time I went was after 10 jumps and I told the instructor that I have x jumps and can control myself. and once I got in the tunnel and stayed stable in the center they cranked it up and I "hugged the Beach ball" and floated up a few feet past the windows, arched like hell and came back down.

BTW I'm 6'2" 255lbs.