packncathy

There will be jumping at SoBe this weekend!

This weekend (according to Mark and Ron who own the otter that flies there) they will be flying at Skydive South Beach. Further, this weekend your block jump tickets will be honored (according to Ron and Mark) The profit from this weekend is to go to help Ron get his Otter up North.
Please, please go to this drop zone this weekend. Please, please someone start a 7 am load. I cannot be there and I wish I could go "fun jump" to make this weekend a blast.

I posted earlier that Ron needed to fly his Otter. He still needs that.

For those of you that have jump tickets now is the time to jump them. Mostly what Ron needs now is people helping him to get up north but according to my conversation with Ron and Mark block jump tickets will be honored this weekend.

Blue Skiies,
Safe Landings,
Soft openings,
Packncathy

If someone could please get the word ou t on rec.skydiving that Sobe will be open this weekend.

And that they are honoring block jump tickets.

I cannot get this computer to post there and I think the word needs to get out that they do intend to operate this weekend.

packncathy

Since I've been on a trip to NY all week beginning on 3/25, I haven't been in the loop with developments at SoBe. I knew before I left last week that the Otter would be heading north soon, I just didn't realize how soon! Will it be gone before I get back to jump on Sunday 4/4?! OMG that will suck. I remember being told (by Ron, actually) that people would kill him if it got nice enough to jump back in Tecumseh and he didn't have the plane there...
but...
what are we going to have to jump from at SoBe now??

PMs welcome for information. Thanks.
-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

Ok I went to SOBE last saturday and made 4 loads, last thing I heard was they are in bussness they just bad answering the phone :)
Don't know about this weekend I'll keep trying calling and see what happens, one thing about the Pahokee people is they are very faithfull and love to jump there perhaps the administration in turn meaning so is not misundrstood we don't care who the owner is as long as we are jumping.......right.

There is so much good people there just bad luck I guess.
http://web.mac.com/ac057a/iWeb/AC057A/H0M3.html

Ownership appears to have changed, and the otter has flown home. But, I know that new ownership was looking to get a plane this week. Call the dz on Friday to see if all went through. I don't feel comfortable giving names or any more details without an ok from management, so you'll just have to come out and ask for yourself as I don't think much more info will be found online for some time.

Hopefully, we'll all be happily jumping in Pahokee this weekend!

Have a good week!
Angela.

Unfortunetly not, I finally get all lined out and have my best jump of AFF then all this happens and now my log book is all screwed up because i've had 2 different instructors and still have to make AFF 7. But i'm not worrying about it too much i'm sure after things get straightened out at there i'll finish up. I'm just itching to get in the air again.

"Don't Mess Around With the Guy in Shades- Oh No!!! "

Between start to finish I had 5 or 6 instructors and 3 different training methods(SL, AFP and AFF) so yeah, I wouldn't worry.

Worst case, if they still don't have a plane this weekend, the weather's good and you're still itching for air you could just pound out your level 7 at Homestead, Clewiston or Sebastian. I was up at Sebastian yesterday and got a couple items done on my A card. No problems. The DZs are pretty good about things like that.

Yeah it'll happen I thought about shooting out to Clewiston today but I my friend was out of town and I didnt feel like driving out there by myself. This upcomming weekend i'm going to beout of town but weekend after next im spending a whole weekend at a DZ I don't care how far I have to drive :)

"Don't Mess Around With the Guy in Shades- Oh No!!! "