Kat1221

How many can actually pack?

I've packed for myself since jump 9. I think it's another aspect of the sport that focuses you on the risks involved. I can understand why the more experienced jumpers might not pack for themselves anymore, but I think as a student you MUST become confident in your pack jobs.
If you're "lazy" (I know plenty of people who would argue that they're not lazy, they're making maximum use of their time) or just have the money to burn, by all means, pay the packers so they can make more jumps. But if you're just not confident in your ability to pack, now is the time to start. How confident will you be under a malfunction if you're not confident in your ability to stack, roll, fold and tuck nylon?
Just my $.02.

After he landed, he came back to the hanger and taught me how to roll the nose on his Stilletto. :D

I'm a packer, I jump a stiletto 120, and am very interested as to how this works for him. What kind of wing loading does he have ? how does it open ?

I have never rolled the nose on an elliptical except tandems (sigma).

I would imagine it would be 4 cells on each side toward the middle cell.

Blue Ones !

Bryan

D27808

What kind of wing loading does he have ? how does it open ?

He jumps a Stiletto 150 at about a 1.7 wingloading (It used to be 1.5... He's gained a little weight since we got married. He just let himself go! :ph34r:), and he does exactly as you guessed. The four cells on each side rolled toward the middle cell. Then he flattens the middle cell on top of the rolled cells..."spreading" it so that it's the first cell to catch as much air as possible. Does that make sense? He says it gives a nice, soft, on-heading opening every time! You can PM him at AndyMan if ya like. :)
_Pm
__
"Scared of love, love and aeroplanes...falling out, I said takes no brains." -- Andy Partridge (XTC)

It takes me about 7-8 minutes to pack my main, or about 4-5 if I'm rushing to meet a load or something. I'm working on my riggers ticket so it takes me about an hour - hour thirty to inspect my rig then about an hour fifteen to repack the reserve.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com