Sheenster303

AFF Level 5

This weekend I had to repeat level 5 three times and finally past it on the fourth jump.

The first time I spun out of control and couldn't stop it.

The second time I just keep turning very slowly in circles but couldn't stop myself.

The third time I had one leg farther out than the other one and it was making me turn. I couldn't maintain my heading and stop turning.

The fourth time I felt myself turning out of the door. I stopped it. Faced my JM. Did a very slow 360 to the left. Somehow stopped it. Then did a very slow 360 to the right. Managed to maintain my heading for the last 3000 feet.

My question is Is it common for you to do different exits on the same level? I did a poised exit against the door with my JM holding on to me for the first second. On the third one, I did a no contact exit not against the door. Then the fourth he was holding on to me but I wasn't against the door. No Prop, Up, Down, Arch. Just ready, set, go.

Just wondering if that was a common thing or what.
I'm so funny I crack my head open!

P.M.S. #102

If your exits are fine, why not try some different ones? You don't say anything about bad exits, just problems with your turns (I thimk from reading this you are just putting too much into it i.e. trying too hard). I routinely have people try different exits if time allows.
blue skies,

art

I would look at doing different exits as an advantage - since you'll need to do those kinds of exits later anyway, this way you'll have some familiarity with them when the time comes. On my first coach jump out of IAF this Sunday, I did a diving exit with the coach for the first time (my only other diving exit was solo - very dissimilar) and tumbled because I was so focused on part of the exit technique that were new (leg & arm position) that I had a brain fart and forgot to arch.

This message has a good suggestion for improving leg awareness clicky

Blue skies

i saw a bunch of people, and heard of others, having to repeat lvl 5. its the first time that you are actually doing stuff on your own and the teacher is just letting you do your thing. hang in there, because i think its more of a mental thing.

you will love lvl 6!!!!! :D

Congratulations on passing it! I'm doing level 5 next weekend, and I dont expect to pass first go, but I know I'll learn a hell of a lot on each jump anyway. On my level 4 I did a 360 and stopped on heading, but had absolutely no idea I did it, so as pleased as my Jm was about it, I was just more frustrated! Unfortunately I cant afford to do more than 1 jump a week while I'm doing AFF so if I fail I will have to wait a whole week to give it another go!
Good luck with the rest of your AFF!
www.TerminalSports.com.auAustralia's largest skydive gear store