jimmytavino

Well worth the 23 year wait

:) Well it finally happened and Man !!!,,,, was it Nice!!! B|
My sweetheart of a wife, Nancy, decided earlier this spring that she would make a tandem skydive THIS YEAR!!!!.... :o B| :)So after decades of being married to a longtime jumper ( I had 1,275 when we met in 1980) and hundreds of visits to this drop zone or that dropzone,,and this boogie or that boogie...She
simply determined that it was about time !!!!!!!
hahahaha.... Nancy specifically asked 2 things of me... 1. that i join her in Freefall and
2. that i leave my camera helmet on the ground,,, ( she seems to feel that it is "so much work " to wear the cameras... and asked that i not 'worry about dealing with it"..)
..so...That's what we did ... It was a beautiful sunny day ( 5 -30-04 ) not real busy with students and a perfect pace...
Our trusted friend Joey Eberhardt was sooo excited to serve as T. M. and Every one at the club had a huge smile,,,, to see Nancy making her first Jump... Our friend Pat Calandra... asked if he could join us to "try out" his new digital rebel...B| :)
We had a fine fine time.... I am soooo proud of Her.... cool as can be, throughout... great smile,,, sweet exit,,, very alert in the air,,, and smooth landing....
Some pictures are attached
photos by jmy and Pat C
.... FOR SURE the next jump will be sooon .... maybe on the day that our son accomplishes HIS first tandem....
In all my time with this sport, I have NEVER "pressed" any one to make a jump..
Never said "oh you HAVE to do this"... If someone asks about it,, I absolutely steer them to the dropzone, club, or skydiving center where they , " can learn more for themselves," "ask questions" "look into it" and then decide for themselves... Same with Nancy
I had always hoped she'd wanna make one,,, but not to the point of pushing.... and so it was a real pleasant feeling when she spoke up and said,,,"Let's make a jump together.".....We are glad we did...
.p.s. in the pictures, she is the pretty one...:P;)

( she seems to feel that it is "so much work " to wear the cameras... and asked that i not 'worry about dealing with it"..)

Yeah right. Just didn't want permanent proof of her peeing her pants... :o

Never said "oh you HAVE to do this"...

Even if it's true? Especially if it's true?

she is the pretty one

I've said it before, I'll say it again. All skydivers are HOT! It's a mental thing. B|

Tell Nancy congrats... hopefully we'll be seeing her more and more and more... :P
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams

yeah right... no proof

well sorry but you're wrong dfresh...
why???... did YOU pee YOUR pants????:P :)

Even if it's true???

yup..... NEVER said that to anyone ,,, family,, friend, co-worker, or stranger. Never did never will..

All skydivers are HOT

hahahaha... well I am sure NOT hot!!! Maybe you meant all Women Skydivers are Hot....( to which I'd agreeB| ) and although everything is relative.... Trust me... SHE is the pretty one!!!!!..... and simply BEAUTIFUL,,,,,in her heart!!!

Thankso for posting that Jimmy, it made me smile
Congrats to your loverly wife:)
I only had 50 jumps when my wife did her 1st and only tandem, and she said the scariest part of the whole trhing was watching me exit before her. she said it look like I just fell out of the plane ( Idid;):D)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

NEVER said that to anyone ,,, family,, friend, co-worker, or stranger. Never did never will..

That's curious. I'm so excited about this sport that I am a total pusher. I figure once they try it once, they'll either love it or not. But if they never try it, they're missing out on a potentially beautiful and memorable experience. I get down on my hands and knees...

I figure, don't knock it until you've tried it.

Obviously, there are some you'll never get through to, like my younger brother. He won't even watch my vids, convinced he's gonna see me splat even tho I'm standing in front of him.

Oh, and yes, I did pee. :P

And you don't understand what I meant about jumpers being hot... IT"S MENTAL! We have experienced something that very very very few people ever get to... it's all about conquering your fears and growing and learning... all skydivers are hot because they can do these things. Whuffos get all hung up on "jumping out of a perfectly good plane" when they have no idea all the mental and physical aspects that there are to this sport...

Beauty is skin deep, as they say. Hotness goes all the way thru and back again... B|
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams

Color me honored to have sat next to Nancy on the way up -- there was just an unbelieveable amount of enthusiasm beaming from her in the plane, I only wish I could have been in the air personally to see how much fun she had in freefall. Congrats Jimmy, and here's hoping to many more jumps between the two of you! :)-Jeff

:S i know what you mean ...He Is sooo irresistable...[:/] hahaha. Look close at the pictures...as THEY gaze lovingly into each others eyes..[:/]:oB| :)She doesn't even realize that I'M there.!!!..;)
we got a good laugh outta that one..
Joe has taken my older brother , My daughter, and now my Wife on their first skydives... ( over the course of a few years...)..
... sure thing... i trust him,,,, ( at least in the air!!!! )..:oB|;)..
Oh here's a jpeg for YOU,,, ccowden,
of a "Seven Turn" line twist, I had on the skydive right after that tandem....
I pulled at 4,500 ( AFF video) and was clear of the twist by 2,600.... but man it was a lot of work to unwind...
Spectre 210 1:1 the canopy stayed docile,,,Unlike some......:oB| please say hello to my friends @ Finger Lakes.....
" If Ya' gotta cutaway,,,, do it with a grin on your face" ...

Well, she may have gazed into his eyes, but she went home with you!;) Besides, Joe ain't got nothin' on you Jimmy!

As for the picture of the line twists- Glad to know an old timer like you can still get himself out of that many! :P I would never see that many twists in my Velocity, because it would be long gone before that! Once she has two twists and you look "up" past the canopy, you see green!:S

well flygirl03.. she DID really enjoy the entire day...
Nancy is a good athlete very fit, and always active
As for sooner,,, not sure... she is a super Mother and just may have waited til both children reached
"adulthood"....:|.. Now it's HER turn... We try to help each other to enjoy things...

does she want to do it again jayruss??? well I KNOW , she'd like to gaze into her T M's eyes...!!!!
;) :) and maybe even into MIne!!:D
But YES another skydive is quite possible....She's asking about AFF and we have some of the BEST intructors for that, at our club.. so perhaps so...
Good thing we live where there are no tunnels,,,,because slug is right on !!!! about THAT:D:o
skydive softly skydive often skydive with friends...
..............o[:-) ..........

Sounds like fun was had by all. There's nothing better than that first jump. Every time someone asks my wife to jump she says, "No, I'm keeping my feet on the ground." We've been married 23 years now also. So maybe this is the year she'll change her mind....Steve1

But YES another skydive is quite possible....She's asking about AFF and we have some of the BEST intructors for that, at our club.. so perhaps so...

I remember seeing her at the Dropzone afterwards and the glow on her face. Even my wife (who doesn't jump) commented on how excited she looked. I told her that I have yet to see a Tandemstudent come back from a jump without that grin !
Didn't someone say that the next thing she wants to try out is Base jumping and she has already inquired about the nearest Antenna? ;)
Congratulations to you both ! Looks like she had one hell of a time ! It must have been exciting for you to fly next to someone that you love......

Christian

P.S. The pictures of her looking into Joey's eyes are hillarious ! ;) But he is a great guy. He took me up for my very first Tandem too. He made it not only exciting as hell but also fun. Of course it is all his fault that I HAVE to go through AFF now......