adrenalinejunki

Mr. Bill

Me and friend are planning to do a Mr. Bill jump Wednsday evening. The biggest canopy we have between the 2 of us is my Sabre 190. We are hoping to take turns on 2 different jumps. I am looking for advice from anyone who has done Mr. Bill jumps as to wether we should attemp this or not. I myself weigh about 200 lbs and my freind about 160 lbs. I have about 65 jumps and my freind a lil over 100. All we really want to do is hang on, deploy, and exit by letting go. I think this would be awesome. If anyone has any advice or reasons why we should'nt try it please post them. Thanks in advance.

Blue Ones

Without getting too into discussion about why, I personally would give it more time in the jump number category. There is nothing like experience, and when doing something like this......you never know what could happen.

IE:
stripped handles,
broken harness,
smashed face from knees when you cant hold on,
overloading a canopy,
waiting too long to deploy,
not exiting at sufficient alti,
broken fingers,
bruised fingers,
the above 2 making it so you cant deploy,

I am sure there are several more, and if you think that you can handle all the hazards that come with this stunt, by all means give it a whirl. But I strongly suggest that you ask to do it with someone with much more experience than you, and see if he wants to do it. I am weary as to why 2 very new people would want to try something they have never done before, together. Better yet, ask your S&TA about this. Hell, ask as many people as you can AT YOUR DZ as then make up your mind. Asking people here that dont either of your skills and awareness levels, is kinda pointless, we can only point out the hazards that are associated with this.

Oh well, I thought I wasnt going to get too into it. I think you know where I stand. I know that if I had some of what I listed happen to me at jump 66, I would have been very concerned.

Be safe.

Lots and lots of posts on this before here in the forums. A quick search for the words "Mr. Bill" produced these results.

IMHO you guys should wait until you have more experience under your belt. I have only done one Mr. Bill in my life, and there were about 3000 jumps between the two of us at the time. It went off without a hitch, me weighing about 215 and him aout 140.

You have to plan and execute carefully, otherwise things can go wrong. Check out this video: Mr. Bill Gone Wrong You will need to register on the site to view it. It's worth the effort.
Arrive Safely

John

And stability issues, and "didn't see that coming!" issues; We have some great local video of two very experienced guys going off the step and one pulls, and the PC makes a complete 360 turn around them because they leaned a little at pull time. You can smell the excitement on the video as the freeflier with over a thousand jumps grabs the PC by the bridle, routes it back around his back, and tosses it without screwing anything up.

That has turned me off of Mr. Bills personally for an unknown length of time. B|

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.

Well... I having about just as much experience as you couldn't give you advice but I can show you a video I just watched that scared the shit out of me.

I think i'll wait a bit, I know I probably could handle dangling by my foot at 10k will spiraling in someones garbage but... its not a situation I wanna be in

Take a look

http://www.skydivingmovies.com/ver2/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=1437

Peace n Goodluck

Sean
Sean In Thailand

HO - LEE - CRAP!

Having been a vet of doing lot's of stupid shit, when I look back after seeing that vid.... pheeww.
I've done a few Mr.Bills, some have involved ropes that I climbed down. (don't ask)
And most involved me being injured in some wayB|(two riser slaps to the face and blood dribbling over the goggles in freefall...etc).

Advice: 1. Get more jumps
2. Turn on your AAD
3. Get advice from someone who has done it from that particular aircraft (the vid showed a backwards exit)
4. Don't do, it's a bad idea
I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.

hot tip when doing a mr bill:

--Don't deploy unless stable--And if you aren't stable right out the door, forget about it. If you're launching out of a cessna like those two did, they would have been better off switching positions. The person who's going to deploy should have had the optimal launch position and been facing the relative wind on exit.....for starters.

damn, now that was some video. I would've hate to see someone at our dz have that delayed reaction since we actually put em out @ 5k.

Be ready and prepared for everything and yes hook knives are a must.

The one dumping should be into the relative wind as soon as you leave the plane, and if not deployed withing first 3 secs, just dont do it.