britboynz

I'll have an A please, Bob

I got it (finally!) after a few weekends of bad weather (perfect weather Mon - Fri, of course >:( ) I finally finished my consol jumps, got cleared to pack & was signed off for my A licence on 27 Dec. Whoohoo! Nicest xmas present I've had in ages B|

now comes the expensive bit...getting a rig [:/] does the cost of this sport ever come down? :S

Russ

Congratulations on getting your A. I finish AFF this weekend so I won't be far behind. . .Enjoy being able to jump with others. . .Woo Hoo. . .

It is my understanding that the cost NEVER comes down. . .buy a rig. . .decide you need to downsize. . .buy another rig. . .more downsizing. . .now a custom rig. . .oh and don't forget the RW suit, FF suit, beer, etc. . .
FGF #6
Darcy

now comes the expensive bit...getting a rig [:/] does the cost of this sport ever come down? :S

Congrats!!!! And no, the cost never comes down ;) Now that you don't need to pay for your student jumps, you will be jumping more and more, don't forget about coach jumps, boogies, random trips to other DZs, and everything that has already been mentioned :)
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

Congrats!!!

Once you buy your first rig, it'll get cheaper. The only problem is that after AFF and gear, you'll have no money left to jump, regardless of how cheap it is.

Life's a b*tch, ain't it?

Don't forget to buy beer!!!
“If you hear a voice within you saying, ''You are not a painter,'' then by all means paint… and that voice will be silenced.” - Vincent van Gogh

heheh yep, he was! Great guy, really knows his stuff B| & yep the tall dutch girl is still around every now and then, although I forget her name :$ want me to say hi? ;):D

Did u do your AFF at Taupo then? Getting pretty busy here now...they only did a meagre 115 tandems the other day. :o

How did u get on with ur AFF Darcy? :)
blue ones,
Russ

How did u get on with ur AFF Darcy?

I finished on Saturday. It was awesome. . .Did my first two solos on Sunday also.

Great fun! Thank you for asking. . .
FGF #6
Darcy

does the cost of this sport ever come down?

Nope, NEVER. ;) If you're not buying equipment or toys for jumping, you're just buying more jump tickets. Either way, your whole paycheck is down the drain the day after you get it. B|

Congrats on your A!! B|

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

So sorry for the massively late reply mate...I've been away and am catching up on old news!

Please do say hello to Jackie if she's still around, but I'm sure she must have had to go and get a job at some point...she's the ultimate dz bum!!

I did do my AFF there last year, had the time of my life end ended upo staying and jumping my ass off for another month or so. In my opinion you couldn't have picked a better place; great dz, great people and a wicked little town to boot.

Have fun and say hello to the Holy Cow for me.

Blue Ones,
Matt

I may be gullible but at least I have a magic fish

Who the hell is Bob? Don't you mean Pat Sajack (sp) from Wheel of fortune? Bob (Barker, price is right) is "1.00 please bob!"

:)

I reckon he mean good old Bob Hollness from Blockbusters!

------------------------------------------------------
"Ive given up on sigs cos I make a mess of them!"

Trust me Kev, you arent missing much!!

The old favorite of "Can I have a P please Bob? " is ingrained into my memory!!

Trust me Kev, you arent missing much!!

C'mon... that arm-dance thing they use to do at the end with the clapping and the flapping arround was incredibly cool... er... ok.

I never really did get why they thought it was fair having a team of two vs. just one... even if there was one less hex...:S

"I'll have an E please Bob"
snigger, snigger.....

I was always more of a Countdown kinda guy, Carol Vorderman was my idea of 'Thinking man's totty'.B|
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

C'mon... that arm-dance thing they use to do at the end with the clapping and the flapping arround was incredibly cool... er... ok.

Aw man!! I'd managed to block the clapping dancing thing out of my mind over the years! Now I can picture it again! People with bad hair and oversized glasses clapping their hands and slapping their thighs!