sum1mom

Not a Maggot

Just a quick post to say thanks to everyone involved in getting my arse back on the plane for my SCR. 10 other skydivers joined me in my flight and even turned points while I took in the moment. It was an honor and I'm truly grateful to all who were involved.

Conway, thank so much for organizing it for me. One try and it was complete!! Awesome.

BTW: Kimmie and Rich...thanks for letting me lurk on your 2 way:D:D:D

Loads and loads of fun.

What's the big deal with star crests?

Just my own observations and not fact, but it seems that the SCR is more of a must do in Texas than other places, although I've seen SCRs other places, just a majority in/from Texas..
-----
~~~Michael

Over here if you want to do and thing big you have to have your starcrest 1st.
3 jumps of 8 to10 way where you dock 5th or later.
It's basically (although not technically) a requirement herre for advancing through your licenses
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I guess as you can see, the tradition and respect for the history of the SCR is only really appreciated in Texas. There are some DZs out and about that still hold this tradition close, but the majority of them are in Texas.

The SCR means a lot to me, its a "I have finally arrived" type of moment in a skydiving career. Usually the first in a series of such moments, even though the "work" of the SCR is usually done by the other 7 (or more), you do learn on the dive and it gives you a stepping stone to future formations as well.

Now, don't do what I did and wait over 3 years to send in your SCR form.:P

SCR-14591
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."