Jeth

Less than 24 hours till my AFP! Woo-hoo!!

Man, I can hardly stand it! Tomorrow morning, FINALLY, I am going to AFP!!! After 6 hours of instruction I get to fly my own canopy!! And to freefall without a TM on my back. Woo-hoo!!! :)
I have major butterflies already about flying that canopy. I hope it opens clean. I hope I make the right turns. I hope I flare at the right time. I hope I land in the right place.

But I'm ready to try! It's gonna be so totally awesome to land that thing by myself!! Bring it on!! :)
"At 13,000 feet nothing else matters."
PFRX!!!!!
Team Funnel #174, Sunshine kisspass #109
My Jump Site

Yup, I did it! :)

Unfortunately, I did land in the corn. :S Oh well, I landed safe and near the landing field, and did it without any help, so thats good. My instructor said I did really great for my 1st jump. My position was okay in the air and I did my practices and pull like I was supposed to.

Boy, that feeling of aloneness really hits up there. The radio I had didn't work, and I was the last one out, so I was completely alone up there. I looked around and didn't see any other canopies. But then I just said, "ok, you gotta fly this thing now so lets do it!". I didn't check my alti when I was under canopy, so I think I started my approach too soon. I should've made one more turn to avoid the corn. Oh well. I could've done a lot worse. I could've been the one they talk about that landed 8 miles out! Or the one who choked and rode the plane down! I'm so glad that's not me. And now I know I can do it. I don't know if I would call it "fun". I was so scared going up, and was concentrating so hard, it was more like I just wanted to DO IT. So now that I did, hopefully the next one will actually be fun. But it did feel great to walk out of that corn and give my big thumbs up! :)
Hey Tim! Hope to see you at SDC sometime! :)
Hey AJ, you rock!!! WE DID IT!!! It was so great going thru the class with you. I know it would've been a lot harder if I was by myself. Now I'm jealous cause your still there, probably jumping as I type this, and I'm stuck back at my desk. :( But I'm sure I'll jump with you again. And actually, I'm somewhat sore from my not-so-smooth landing so it's good that I'm resting today. Let me know how it goes this weekend!! Man, you're gonna be way ahead of me! :)

Beth
B|
PFRX!!!!!
My Jump Site

Congrats! I beleive my corm landing was around jump 8 so you are ahead of schedule :P. Luckily everyone had just been joking about landing in the corn directly before that load so I knew to flare when my feet hit the top of the corn lol.

Greenie in training.

Congrats! I beleive my corm landing was around jump 8 so you are ahead of schedule :P. Luckily everyone had just been joking about landing in the corn directly before that load so I knew to flare when my feet hit the top of the corn lol.

Right!! Actually, that was the best thing about it -- I knew exactly when to flare! :)
PFRX!!!!!
My Jump Site