tandemking

C-182 Jump Door latch STC?

I have seen a door latch that the pilot can release from inside the aircraft by pulling a cable that goes throught the wing leaeding edge to the latch. Does anyone know anything about this mod? I might ask USPA but since I am not a "Group Member" DZO I don't think they'll help me. Any info would be appreciated.

Larry D-16806
Snake River Skydiving
208-377-8111

It doesn't have to be STC'd IF you get a "field approval"..meaning the FAA has to sign off on it. Field approvals have gotten much harder to get in the last year or so.

Ok, thank you that clears up what I was thinking.

Aren't most jump doors on a 182 a "field approval" thing not an STC thing? Same with the backing for the student position and the reinforced rear bulkhead?
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Dave,

Give your local FISDO office a call and ask them. I think you will find that things such as STC's, 337's, and weight and balance changes are something most dropzones should know about. If they do not they should ask the A&I they use or call the FAA.

Blues,

J.E.
James 4:8

Give your local FISDO office a call and ask them. I think you will find that things such as STC's, 337's, and weight and balance changes are something most dropzones should know about. If they do not they should ask the A&I they use or call the FAA.

The DZO knows all of this stuff (he's a pilot as well), I'm not a pilot and couldn't pass up this opportunity to ask a couple quick questions to help out my understanding and knowledge in this area.

Thanks!:)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."