Jeth

I found my arch!!

WOO-HOO!!!! I FOUND MY ARCH!!!!:)
It only took 3 tries, but I finally found my arch yesterday! I thought I was relaxed, but every time they released me I'd start spinning and then I'd overcompensate to correct so I never got stable. But then, finally, I did. On my 2nd jump yesterday, my instructor released me the first time and I started to turn again. But then she grabbed me and it was like she was looking right into my soul. I locked eyes with her and she mouthed "RELAX". At that moment I took a huge deep breath, opened up my hands, dropped my hips and it was like POW! I was stable. Amazing!! :)
To anyone struggling with this, let me tell you -- you may think you're relaxed up there, but if you're still bouncing around, you're not!! Take a huge breath and just let the wind blow you into a beautiful arch.

Man, it was so great to finally GET IT!! :) I gotta hand it to her for connecting with me and helping me truly relax. THANKS NANETTE!!! :)
I did my first solo deployment, too. That was awesome, I stayed stable and had a nice soft opening. :))

So much to learn, so little time!!! But I'm making little bits of progress each time, so thats good. All in all a good day of jumping. Lots of frustration, but also a few exhilarating moments, too. :)
I gotta send out a big WAY TO GO to my fellow students who were there with me yesterday. Susan, YOU ROCK!! Way to nail those turns!! :)
Man, I wish this stuff didn't cost $150 bucks a pop, I'd be out there every day! ;)
"At 13,000 feet nothing else matters."
PFRX!!!!!
Team Funnel #174, Sunshine kisspass #109
My Jump Site

Good for you Beth! Practice makes perfect. I am finding that a lot of flying your body really is muscle memory, so practice, practice, practice!!! And even when you can't afford to jump, just being at the dz and learning as much as you can, asking other experienced jumpers helps you gain so much insight.
I'm happy for you that you "found your arch." ;)
Sarah

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

Hey Beth. I'm glad you found yours, I keep losing mine:P Hey, I'll look for you this weekend. GRADUATION JUMP TIME!!!! :)

billy d------------------------- "Escape may be checked by water and land, but the air and the sky are free." (from the story of Daedalus and Icarus)

Hey, I'll look for you this weekend. GRADUATION JUMP TIME!!!!

Well then, i guess it's time for me to give you that special jump i told ya about. :)
Oh yeah, congrats beth...since this is your thread and all. :D

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Hey Billy! Thanks and congrats on the graduation! Sorry I won't make it to see your grad dive, tho. (But it sounds like you'll be busy with Sunny anyway... ;))

I'm sure 'll see ya around! :)
"At 13,000 feet nothing else matters."
PFRX!!!!!
Team Funnel #174, Sunshine kisspass #109
My Jump Site