Scottyb

That's what it's all about!

Skydiving is a huge part of my life (next to my wife & kids). As with most of us it occupies my thoughts at some point in everyday. I sill find it amazing that I still get excited every time we get close to the dropzone. Last weekend my wife & I had a weekend without the kids and spent the night out and were off to the dropzone by 7am. After manifesting, the blue skies gave way to clouds & a 4,000 ft ceiling. We stayed hoping it would clear and it was announced they were manifesting for "high speed hop & pops out of the skyvan at 3,500ft".

I said to Teri I have got to try this, she said she would pass. It was incredible ! What a rush leaping out of the skyvan going 150 knots. I explained to her what a thrill it was and she was on the next 2 hop & pop loads with me. The clouds lifted and I met a fellow skydiver with well over 1,000 jumps and he asked if I wanted to do something, I explained my skill level to him and we worked out a jump.

The 2 way was awesome we turned 5 points and tracked & pulled. The spot was way off so I knew there was no way to make it back and set up for my first (beer!) landing off. Stood up the landing in the soy bean field and met the other 3 jumpers that also landed off and we were promptly offered a ride back to the dz by a man driving by.

The next jump my wife & I got to kiss in freefall for a few thousand feet, and she ended her day by joining the "Swoooo" club. What a great day! It impresses me that no matter how many jumps you have or what the weather is, skydivers are great people and I am proud to be one of them, and thats what it's all about to me.

Sorry to rant, I'm just curious what is it all about to everyone else?

Scottyb

Its about hanging out with friends, getting to know new ones, and camraderie.

Its about the smell of jet-A at 0800 in the morning with a hangover that just wont leave, but when you land the headache has gone away

Its about bullshittin with your buds on the way to altitude.

Its about 4 point 2 ways, 2 point 4 ways and 4 point 8 ways. Freeflyin, skysurfin, back flyin, and trackin.

Its about a sunset hop n pop from 14k. while watching the sun go down to close on another day of skydiving.

Its about remembering the ones who have been there before us and those who left us too soon.

Its about Blue Skies and Black Death.

Its about looking up and praying you have a good canopy.

Its about pullin red and pullin silver and being humbled by your mistakes.

Its about your first jump, your last jump and all the milestones in between.

Its about constantly looking up to the sky when you're not able to go to the DZ.

I could go on and on and on, but you get the point. :)

\\\

There's no truer sense of flying than sky diving," Scott Cowan

Its about hanging out with friends, getting to know new ones, and camraderie.

Its about the smell of jet-A at 0800 in the morning with a hangover that just wont leave, but when you land the headache has gone away

Its about bullshittin with your buds on the way to altitude.

Its about 4 point 2 ways, 2 point 4 ways and 4 point 8 ways. Freeflyin, skysurfin, back flyin, and trackin.

Its about a sunset hop n pop from 14k. while watching the sun go down to close on another day of skydiving.

Its about remembering the ones who have been there before us and those who left us too soon.

Its about Blue Skies and Black Death.

Its about looking up and praying you have a good canopy.

Its about pullin red and pullin silver and being humbled by your mistakes.

Its about your first jump, your last jump and all the milestones in between.

Its about constantly looking up to the sky when you're not able to go to the DZ.

I could go on and on and on, but you get the point. :)

\\\

Well said...
I have particpated in alot of sports in my time, but none that come close to skydiving. In fact to me, as Im sure it is to others, Its a lifestyle. The friends and the friendships that are made among jumpes are some of the best Ive ever expierenced. In my short jumping life, I have been to 7 different DZ's, all of which were wonderful expierences. What I have found among skydivers & skydiving has forever changed my life for the better!;)

On one of my first solo jumps after IAF, I was floating around under canopy practicing slow flight things, trying to stall the canopy, etc, when a large bird (falcon of some sort?) decided to join me. Spent the next 5 or 6 minutes just gliding along next to it in perfect silence before having to set up my approach. That was by far one of the coolest moments in the short time I've been jumping, and something I hope to see again.

Mike

And today I pulled high (about 12k) and spent the entire time practicing flat turns, flare turns, flares, stalls, riser turns, etc, on what was almost a sunset load. I'm a light jumper on a pretty big canopy, and I spent probably around 20 minutes (if not more) flying around and enjoying the scenery. It's things like that, new experiences on every jump, that keep me thinking about skydiving every second I'm not at the DZ and dreaming about it when I'm sleeping. I love the sport for a myriad of reasons, and every day just gives me more things to love about it.

Mike

...and she ended her day by joining the "Swoooo" club. What a great day!

Hey! Team Swooo member #321!

You should know what we're all about! It's all about straight in approaches and having fun! For more details please read here.

And it was my pleasure to jump with and initiate Teri (Swooo #123) last Sunday.

I think that's it all about having a kick ass jump(s) with friends, wether you've known them a long time or met them that day.

See you soon at CK!

kristen
swooo #3 MB #3587 P.M.S. #66
"so let go, jump in...what're you waiting for? it's all right 'cause there's beauty in the breakdown"

Your right Kristen, It's about having fun and being safe to have another great day at CK! Swooo jumps are the best! I can't remember when I smiled as much in free fall with you and a "no you dinnent"!!!! and I know Teri was so happy to become a member too.

How many members are you up to? Just remember we already have our order in for the tee shirts when you get them in!!!!

See ya soon,

Scott & Teri

"Swooo # 321 & 123"

Swooo jumps are the best!

How many members are you up to? Just remember we already have our order in for the tee shirts when you get them in!!!!

We are up to 53 members now!!! And we should have the shirts this weekend, so don't worry, you'll get them! Swooo jumps are great :)
Thanks for this thread, makes me remember why I love skydiving so much.

alyson

team swooo
swooo #2