rmachisen

Back in after 11 years hiatus

I have my A license already, but I have to complete some initial jumps before they sign me off again. I started with the ground school on 12/04/04 and AFF. Everything went very well and they decided to move me to category D AFF.
11 years gave me the opportunity to have kids, a wife, and most importantly the money to do this.

I'm 39 and really look forward to the weekends. I really get pumped when I gear up!B|

Just ordered some gear to replace my old gear I sold 11 years ago Talon, Strato Cloud Delta, Swift + replaced with : Mirage G4, Spectre 190, PD reserve 176, Cypres II.

Now, what do I tell my 7 year old girl who says, "Daddy, can I go too?"
My head is like my canopy, fully inflated!

Welcome back!

Man, you could have picked up a Talon, Strato Cloud and a Swift + CHEAP.;)

Good choice on your new gear, all of it is top notch quality gear.

Well, a nice compromise, possibly, for your daughter could be some wind tunnel time, but it is pricey and then you have to deal with her possibly liking it and wanting to do it all the time.:P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Great isn't it:) The last canopy jumped back then (and I still have it) was a paracommander.

Welcome Back!!
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Welcome back,
I also started back in 91 made 66 jumps over the next 1 1/2 yrs then took a 11 yr break....I am back at it and happier than ever...I think I enjoy it more now since I know what its like not jumping,
Have fun........

--------------------------------------------------

Now, what do I tell my 7 year old girl who says, "Daddy, can I go too?"

Take a vacation out to Sunny Southern California, and let her play in the wind tunnel. We've got a Disneyland too....:D
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

I can relate! I was out for 16 years, came back about 1 year ago and have made about 100 jumps since coming back.

Had to refresh my gear this year, the old crap was just not the same. I suggest that the canopy shrunk over the years because I refuse to admit that my increased girth had anything to do with it.B|
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

I was able, BARELY ABLE, to get into my old jumpsuit. My 16 year old son started jumping this year and he is now wearing it.

The amazing thing I can, just barely again, get into my old Brand X! Brought it out in September and I can now match my 110 lbs girl friend's fall rate.

Closets are obviously very hard on jumpsuits and its plain to me that they cause the shrinkage!

Be warned young jumpers!!!

Do not put your jumpsuits into closets!!!

Jumpsuits shrink in closets!!!

"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

Closets are obviously very hard on jumpsuits and its plain to me that they cause the shrinkage!

Be warned young jumpers!!!

Do not put your jumpsuits into closets!!!

Jumpsuits shrink in closets!!!

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!

Closets are, indeed, a very damaging environment for long term storage of jump suits. :D:ph34r::D:ph34r:
In my case, either it really shrinked or I got 25 lbs more in 10 years. Obviously it's the former :P

Hispas Brothers President
HISPA #2,