Skylark

weight / mass / freefall speed

An amount of gas and an amount of water that weighs the same on the moon will not weigh the same on earth. In other words, although both have equal mass, other effects (bouyancy, in this case)

If you mix gasoline with water, the water settles on the bottom. If a person were to jump in a pool of gasoline, would he be able to swim? or float? Or would you sink and drown like quicksand?

An amount of gas and an amount of water that weighs the same on the moon will not weigh the same on earth. In other words, although both have equal mass, other effects (bouyancy, in this case)

If you mix gasoline with water, the water settles on the bottom. If a person were to jump in a pool of gasoline, would he be able to swim? or float? Or would you sink and drown like quicksand?

It all depends on whether they were smoking at the time....B|
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

Roughly speaking, swimming in gasoline would be like swimming in water but with an extra 30 pound weight tied to you. Of course the details depend on your size and density, but you get the idea. The calculation is not difficult, but I'm lazy.

-- Jeff
My Skydiving History