Kid_Icarus

Long Term Storage of Canopy

mine was sitting packed dec/jan and part of feb. I took it out recently unfolded it and then repacked. If its a pretty brand new ZP (<10 or 15 jumps i'd leave it unpacked loosely folded just because it may want to stick slightly depending on the temp/hum it's stored in

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

For a month or two I would leave it packed. I'm not saying that's the "right" thing to do, but in that time period my largest concern would be damaging it from it being upacked around somewhere. (I'm a messy person and my messes are frequently unlucky.)

Then I'd repack it before jumping it again, unless I was current from jumping some other rig in the meantime and still trusted the reserve fine.

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.

Do a search, this has been covered before many times.;)

But to answer your question, for "Long Term", say 3mnths+, the general consensus has been to unpack it, fold it loosely, daisy chain the lines, put it into a garbage bag, add a desiccant if you have any, loosely tie the bag closed and store in a cool dry closet etc...

Myself though, I'd just leave it packed and in a dry, cool, dark closet etc, if it was stored for a really long time I might inspect and re-pack.
Safety is free, re-packed reserves cost money;)

ChileRelleno-Rodriguez Bro#414
Hellfish#511,MuffBro#3532,AnvilBro#9, D24868

Do a search, this has been covered before many times.;)

But to answer your question, for "Long Term", say 3mnths+, the general consensus has been to unpack it, fold it loosely, daisy chain the lines, put it into a garbage bag, add a desiccant if you have any, loosely tie the bag closed and store in a cool dry closet ect...

You do all that for your main, but you can leave your reserve packed for 120 days?( up to a year in some countries)

Don't waste a pack job. Just go jump it. IMHO

Then I'd repack it before jumping it again, unless I was current from jumping some other rig in the meantime and still trusted the reserve fine.

If you don't feel current enough that you can pull the reserve, you need refresher training, not a main chute repack.

If you don't feel current enough that you can pull the reserve, you need refresher training, not a main chute repack.

Repacking my main is part of my refresher training. It shouldn't make a difference on my _first_ jump back, but it makes a difference on my second! :)

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.

For my own comfort, if my container was sitting longer than the repack cycle on my reserve, I'd repack my main. Other than that, I would just check the pin, my handles, etc and go jump the darn thing. . .
FGF #6
Darcy

If a main remains packed for more than 2 years, you might start worrying about rubber bands rotting.
Hee!
Hee!
Seriously, our school has several tandem mains that were last packed 3 months ago. Guess what I am going to do with them today?
Jump them!

I just told'em what the general consensus seemed to have been from past threads on this subject

General concensus for 3 monthes is certainly NOT to unpack it.

General concensus for well over a year is to unpack it, fold it, and store in a mesh bag.

Reserves reguarly stay packed for well over 4 monthes, 6 monthes in many countries.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.