HydroGuy

Any disadvantages to Birdman Pantz while belly flying?

It seems that these pants may serve as a versatile all around piece of equipment.
I'm too new to know what I'll end up doing so this, i hope, will find me well prepared to get a taste of different disciplines. I rather spend my money jumping than on something I may or may not use.
Am I wrong?
Inveniam Viam aut Faciam
I'm back biatches!

Am I wrong?

Of course you are :P. Get one of everything ;)

Really - Do what's best for you. My personal preference is to be ok and safe in several skydiving disciplines and try to be really good in one or two. (the whole jack of all trades approach). So I "would" think you're wrong and would advise on owning each set of outfits. But so what? That's only good for me and those that think like me.

My only advice would be to not 'shut out' any single discipling in the sport - many people do and never try some of what is offered - makes no sense. If you get jazzed about 4-way, great. But someday let a friend take you up on a sit or headdown - it's also fun in a completely different way. Ditto for CrW, wingsuits, tracking, etc.

At least get the "specific" suit that goes with the discipline you decide to focus primarily on. You can always do a work around for the other disciplines.

If you don't want to spend money on the suits, then be a CrW dog. No special suits required, or even shaving or bathing is optional B|. And the rigging is creative too.

FF Pants do look cool (only at the dropzone) though.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I'm definately not writing anything off. As soon as I get my A, my base mentor who was a former AFF instructor will start jumping with me. He's going to teach me to backfly, sitfly, headfly etc. Cause yeah, I can see how 200 or so tracking dives in a row could be a little repetitive.

But I am not really interested in turning points. In the end, I want to track well and land a big 7 cell on a dime.
Get in - Get off - Get away....repeat as neccessary