aka47

Incidents Reports GONE from USPA magazine?

There have been months in the past where there were no incidents in the Parachutist. If I remember correctly, its usually during the winter, where a large majority of the country isn't jumping much if at all.

They are a valuable learning tool and we would have heard if they were yanked for good, so let it go, we'll see them again...unfortunately.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I don't know. It seems to me that there was a fairly serious injury in Lake Wales in February that was prompting a lot of discussion on DZ.com. Parachutist magazine is fast becoming irrelevant in the internet age. Just look at the way the disciplinary actions were reported. Pretty lame. DZ.com has completely taken over the dessemination of information to the skydiving community.

It seems to me that there was a fairly serious injury in Lake Wales in February that was prompting a lot of discussion on DZ.com.

That does not mean an incident report was filed with the USPA. Or if there was it may not have been filed and researched in time to make the latest issue. The USPA does a good job when they are given the information. Many DZ's are a bit gun shy about providing said information in light of a certian USPA officeial sharing some confidential information with the plantif in a leagal proceeding, which prompted the USPA to issue new report formas that simply request the facts from the incident, but no personal, or DZ information. I can see why many DZO's would still be hesitant to provide ANYTHING that could eventualy be used against them.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.