Everon

First skydive

Hi all! I'm new to this forum and have made only 1 skydive thusfar (AFF at Aerohio). I've seen dicussions on having a cold, sinuses, etc. but I have a question. I have never been in a plane before so all of this was new to me. I felt no ear-popping and really couldn't tell the difference in the thin air at 13,000 ft. As I was getting into positon, I felt fine - no congestion, clear airways, etc. but right when I jumped, a huge snot came out of my nostril and went all over my goggles (haha). It did indeed break my concentration right there! Now, I do have allergies pretty badly - could this have contributed to this at altitude, or could it be just altitude? Like I said, it was a shock to me because I had felt no conjestion the in moments before (????)

I would venture to guess that the snot started a flowing due to pressure equalizing...higher pressure in the sinus finding a way out and taking said snot along with it ;)..(gross..yet cool at the same time)

Run it past your doctor..she what he/she sais......but as a mechanic....my question would be...when was the last time you serviced your sinus??...did you use a approved snot reducer??

Welcome to skydiving !!! :)

I used to have that happen to me pretty much 1 in 3 jumps. never have any pain or anything out.. just the snot explosion as i call it. i try to make sure i blow my nose good and proper before a jumping day. still happens sometimes but not as often.

Life is Great. Even Greater what we do with it.