ultra12

First solo

So this saturday i am going to dz to do my 6 hour clad and for a first "solo jump" not really solo but it wont be tandem and as you guys know an instructor will be "falling" next to me. my friends who chickened out thi stime but went with me all teh other times to jump asked me and in a sence told me that i shou;d geta video of my first "solo" its allready will be an expensive day with class and a jump close to $300. i dont think i want to add anothe $8-0 top that. i didnt even want to get a video of my first tandem jump and i was convinced and very ghlad that i was worth the money.

This time i will be perfoming manuvers and i dont think i need any more distractions. did any of you get their first "solo" videotaped? and was it worth it?;)
If you can't race it or take it to bed.... it aint worth having.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

I got my first tandem jump taped but only because at that time I didn't know that I would soon want to get my liscense. If you are doing AFF I don't think you will be doing anything specially in the air that needs to be taped. I think your first jump is to get use to having your own gear on, COA, practices touches. I waited until my 6 AFF jump to get a video tape. On that jump I did some neat things like a backloop and tracking. I would save the money and get a video later down the road.

I got my first tandem jump taped but only because at that time I didn't know that I would soon want to get my liscense. If you are doing AFF I don't think you will be doing anything specially in the air that needs to be taped. I think your first jump is to get use to having your own gear on, COA, practices touches. I waited until my 6 AFF jump to get a video tape. On that jump I did some neat things like a backloop and tracking. I would save the money and get a video later down the road.

You're absolutely right, IF he doesn't have any problems in AFF. Most people however have issues that need to be worked out; body position, altitude awareness, etc. If you end up being the perfect student then you probably don't want to spend money on the video. But if your jump doesn't go too smoothly then a video can show exactly why.

You should at least be thinking about getting level 2 on video if you aren't comfortable with the results of level 1. It may save you from redoing jumps.

I filmed my tandem but also deemed the filming of AFF a distraction. I f I had the cahnce to do it again, I would have it filmed.

I've linked to #9 for me. I had just graduated the load before. Get as much video as you can..

My "Post-AFF" 1st Solo

:)
Anvil Brother #69

Sidelined with a 5mm C5-C6 herniated disk...
Back2Back slammers and 40yr old fat guys don't mix!

No.
Not the first solo.
But got footage of my FIRST: tandem, barrell-roll&front loop.
Will get footage next of a planned two-way.

Always is fun to look back at when you first did something before you were able to get in down good.
Review also helps ya to improve on what you know so far, too.

Have fun!

I didnt personally, im saving the money for my last consol jump to be filmed.

But a guy i met the other day at the DZ said he got his filmed, simply because he didn't know if he would like it and want to do it again. A pessimistic angle but i really never even thought about not enjoying it :)

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

the jump was good. not as smooth as i hoped but hey i was in control and i loved it. the class was wvery long and i couldnt wait to jump already. as soon as i lenaded 9 landing was very smooth and acctually perfect) i wanted to go again but there was no more loads for students that day. oh well ill be there next weekend
If you can't race it or take it to bed.... it aint worth having.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.