Designer

15,000 Jumps!

Wow, how old is she? If 30 years, she would have had to jump twice each day since age 10!

Carol Clay is actually in her late 40's or early 50's. Not sure, but she has been jumping at least since she was 18 or so. We all refer to her as the "Queen of Free Fall" since she arguably has the most free fall time of all women world-wide. ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Wow, how old is she? If 30 years, she would have had to jump twice each day since age 10!

I found out last weekend that today is Carolyn's 56th birthday. Happy Birthday Carolyn! Hope you get your 100 participant bigway record.
What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

Congratulations Carolyn! Way to go.:)

The numbers are from the USPA list and they only list those USPA members that apply for the award. The first person in the world to be documented to achieve 15,000 skydives was Don Kellner and it was listed in the 1992 Guinness Book of World Records. He has held the world record for career total male - most parachute descents, uncontested, since his 15,000 jump on June 3rd, 1991 and still holds it today with over 36,000 skydives. He has personally introduced over 10,000 people to the sport with a tandem training skydive. I have personally done thousands of AFF and RW skydives (including 160 way world record attempts) with him and hundreds of CRW jumps and demos. I even got him on a couple of "dark side" jumps.

Others that have been documented in Parachutist to have made at least 15,000 parachute descents include Bill Dause, Jim Wallace, Cheryl Stearns, Pip Redvers, Olav Zipser, Vassili Mladinov, Paul Rafferty, (and one other that I can't find perhaps Simon Wade) and now Carolyn has her name added to this list. Congratulations Carolyn, it is quite an accomplishment and one that I hope to attain some day. One jump at a time!B|