FrankTheTank

Skyride owners indited on wire fraud

1. ASC employees know nothing about skyride . they are conducted as to totally seperate company never intertwining.

2. Skyride's business is never discussed at the dz and will never be.

That is total bullshit. Here are 12 pages of Skyride discussion in ASC own forums. Just type the word skyride in the search. :| http://www.ascskydiving.com/bb/search.php?mode=results. ASC employees never talk about Skyride? You just lost all credibility.:D

First, They do know two of the jumpers work for asc reservations. They taunt us by calling us skyride chicks wich if you had looked you would realize that is what comes up. There are no discussions about actual buisness practices. Skyride is 2 hours away from the DZ. They are as bad as you guys about pretending to know what is really going on. So why don't you go back and type in skyride and then you could try reading the posts and finding out what they really say!!
life is short, Live it up!!!

I really don't care what is going on. Skyride and ASC are both owned by the same idiots, therefore I consider both in the same distasteful light. They are going down. :|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

There are no discussions about actual buisness practices.

I was responding to the fact that in your original post you said ASC employees no nothing about skyride. :S

Sticking up for ASC and Skyride is one of the best things you can do for your skydiving career. Kudos to you. :D

I did look at the ASC forums a few weeks ago. Don't remember seeing "skyride chicks" (I didn't read all of the threads), but there does seem to be quite a bit of support for Skyride there. Yes, it's mostly of the "they own the DZ I'm having fun at" variety.

Others mention that only the losers are whining about Skyride's business methods. There's also a lot of disdain for dz.com, but that's probably to be expected since they're not really in the pro-Skyride & pro-ASC camp. And everyone wants their DZ to be the best.

BTW -- once you start down a path of using very narrow definitions (like "discuss"), you've probably already lost. Kind of like "what do you mean by sex?" :P

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

How can we know? The moderators remove and change whatever they feel like.

I believe I've seen some discussion of what could be considered business practices (advertising -- yeah). Lots and lots of name-calling etc -- it is a very different online culture there.

No, I have not seen posts from Ben or Cary saying exactly what they do.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Skyride's business is never discussed at the dz and will never be

DZs are hotbeds of gossip. If you think they aren't, you are living on another planet.

Someone at a (whatever) dz knows who the DZO is banging, who the DZ manager is banging, who the DZOs wife is banging, whether there is doubtful paperwork on the airplanes, which jumpers just pencil-pack their reserves, who tokes up in the parking lot, who has vodka in their Sprite -- you get the picture. Something that involves NO other people, maybe. But something that's public record, or that someone might crow about -- yup.

Wendy W.

I had my girlfriend (a law student) do some research on it and the only thing she found was a civil trademark infringement case filed against Skyride by Skydive Arizona on 8/26/05.

It's case number: 2:05cv2656 filed in US District Court, Arizona district if anyone is interested.

Well since YOU put it out there. You might have put the complaint out in its entirety. Trademark infringement was the least of it.
I wasn't going to put anything out here but I would rather do that that have wrong/incomplete information given.
The complaint is for violations of sections 43 (A) of the Lanham Act,CONSUMER DECEPTION, trademark infringement,and unfair competion.

Wow, one confirming post about what is going on and not a single response to it. Let's not get distracted by the facts. Let's continue to debate whether there were or were not posts on another forum.

So, how many counts were they charged with? Is that known Betsy? Thanks for the facts.
Chris Schindler
www.diverdriver.com
ATP/D-19012
FB #4125

Funny thing she never told where she found these facts I'd like to know and I never said there wasn't an indictment just that no one at asc would have known about it. I just thought you guys would like to know that if someone who works at asc says something like that they are probably lying unless they found it on record and can tell you how to find it.
life is short, Live it up!!!

Right, I see what you're getting at now.

Really all I have to say is be careful calling people liars based on such sketchy info. It is really difficult to prove a negative as you are trying to do. Just because there is generally little interaction between Ben and Cary and the majority of the management at ASC doesn't mean someone employed by ASC doesn't know something about them being indicted.

If no one has actually been indicted then the original poster will have to deal with the fact they've spread rather inflammatory info around based on a rumor. If there has then maybe he did indeed get that info from an ASC employee – despite what you might think from recent trends, their employment at ASC doesn't actually preclude them from having information about going's on with Skyride.

Funny thing she never told where she found these facts I'd like to know and I never said there wasn't an indictment just that no one at asc would have known about it.

Ummmm....Betsy is the Manager of Skydive Arizona in Eloy. Ever heard of it? I think she would know if that dz pressed charges. :D

Where are all the people wanting proof of their wrongdoing's? Please speak up and protect Skyride. PLEASE....I love ASC!!!!

Are you being facetious?

First, .... if you had looked you would realize that is what comes up. ...... They are as bad as you guys about pretending to know what is really going on. So why don't you .....really say!!

SEE!!! I told you "they" would come to the rescue!! Keep strong......keep fighting. We need people like tinkerbell to keep ASC alive.

:ph34r::ph34r:[:/]