DRLOVE

CUTAWAy... UN F#$@ING BELIEVABLE

Bad Karma or Bad Packing?

Two times in the past three years I have taken my brother jumping with me... Both times he did a tandem jump one at the ranch and this past weekend at the cross keys swoop for the cause and the pink mafia boogy. Both tandem jumps resulted in cutaways. I myself have never heard of two tandem jumps two cutaways... I can't wait for the third!
===============================

I myself have never heard of two tandem jumps two cutaways

I've never heard of two tandems and two cutaways either, but I've seen close to that... we had a gentleman come out for his first jump and had a tandem cutaway. He knew it was a rare thing, and loved the jump anyway, so he decided to go through the student program. About a month later, he did his third tandem, and had another cutaway! Coincidentally, it was the SAME tandemaster, the SAME canopy, and the SAME malfunction!

Before anyone asks: no, that canopy didn't have an unusual malfunction rate, and neither did the the J/M... just one of those weird quriks of fate. Unfortunately, the 2nd mal in 3 jumps was enough to scare the guy off, and he never came back for a 4th.
"Some people follow their dreams, others hunt them down and beat them mercilessly into submission."