Jackpunx

Close one!

Saw it on Skydiving movies before. I am curious about the jumper? If he saw the plane, which it seems he did as he was looking at it for a numbe of seconds (according to camera view), why did he keep going towards it after the breakoff? Would not have been that close if he had turned a little tothe left on his track. Wuld hve taken him away from the plane as it wwould be moving to the right of the jumper...

Still a close scary call....

Scott
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

Yeah, a co worker and I just had the same discussion. It is hard to tell though when he actually noticed the plane and then might have had trouble gauging his distance or something. I think there are a number of things that could be done in this situation, who knows which one is best. He lived so I'd say he did a good job.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

I believe that in previous discussions it has been suggested that he might have brain locked on the aircraft. (kind of the same principle as trail biking you should only look where you want to go... if you look at a tree you are more likely to steer youself into it.)

I do recall from the first time I saw the video (it was posted by the person it happened to, someone in europe) that he did see the aircraft after breakoff and it seemed to him that the aircraft was turning towards him.

Scott
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...