bigbearfng

funny ad in ebay?

sorry I keep screwin up the link to it, but it's item #7195220915; under skydiving, the 4th page right now on ebay.
If someone could link it here I'd appreciate it!
A jav odysey with jumpsuit etc. And another ad above it with just the rig. They say they don't know anything about it....it just looks hinky to me. Anybody recoginize it? Have it ripped off recently?
It could just be my healthy paranoia again, but.....

Well, frankly yes!

If you look at the sellers online "shop" you see he has all sorts of things for sale, from black leather bitch boots to a laptop, by way of pipe wrenches......

You cant say for sure, but it looks dodgy to me.
:S
*Disclaimer*
The views expressed in the above post may or may not be the result of drunkeness or temporary insanity and should only rarely be construed as the views of the poster himself

It might be doddgy but I think the seller is a business of some sort... Clearly stateds they dont kow about the rig or equiptment. Could be a pawn shop or the like. Maybe could be selling from an estate sale, I am really not sure.. Funny yeah but if it is stolen gear based on the seller it is probably not stolen by them...

Just my $0.02

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

The store is the Olathe Trading Post... My guess to you all is that it is a pawn shop in Olathe Kansas that is selling on eBay. That to me indicates stolen gear but unless it's listed somewhere there is no real way to tell. I find it funny that the guy doesn't know what he has so he doesn't know how to sell it. He has no idea what canopies are inside. It is top of the line stuff looks like. I'm sure someone is sick to death for losing it, even if it was them that pawned it in the first place. Damn shame.

Gary "Superfletch" Fletcher
D-26145; USPA Coach, IAD/I, AFF/I
Videographer/Photographer

Pawn shop indeed-

Yellow Pages - Listings

Olathe Trading Post & Pawn
2111 East Crossroads Lane Suite 103, Olathe, KS 66062
(913) 780-3311
business profile | phonephone | map

Appears in the Categories:
Jewelers
Resale Second Hand & Used Merchandise Stores
Jewelry Repair
Jewelry Brokers & Buyers
Musical Instruments Retail

Looks to me like someone got out of the sport in need of money and now a pawn shop dealer has no clue what to do with it. At least he was smart enough to realize he would never be able to but it back togeher if he started yanking stuff open. The guy posted everything he could find written on the outside- including the warning about it needing to be inspected by a rigger.

It might be doddgy but I think the seller is a business of some sort... Clearly stateds they dont kow about the rig or equiptment. Could be a pawn shop or the like. Maybe could be selling from an estate sale, I am really not sure.. Funny yeah but if it is stolen gear based on the seller it is probably not stolen by them...

Just my $0.02

Scott C.

Agreed......
*Disclaimer*
The views expressed in the above post may or may not be the result of drunkeness or temporary insanity and should only rarely be construed as the views of the poster himself