skyjump11

T-10 (ask an old person what this is)

What the heck does that make you then?;)

I'm so old, I'm on the downward slope now..........:S - beyond ancient
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

type; DRMO and the local military instalation into google. Click one of the links and You should be able to get a worn out T-10 for real cheap.

Ifyour near Ft Bragg just go out to the DZ during AWADS training. You can get a lot free that way:P.
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

In the Army we called them crash 10's. Where you basically crashed into the ground. In fact Ive got over 200 jumps on these crash 10's and a about a 100 or so on the MC1 series. I guess that is why my knees are shot.

The T-10 is a well tested and engineered canopy with very few malfunction ratios. In fact when the anti-inversion net was added in the mid 70's this further reduced the maluction rates.

You should be able to find some cheap demilled canopies on ebay and/ or near a major airborne base off base pawn rip off.

Best of luck,

thanks,
Kenneth Potter
FAA Senior Parachute Rigger
Tactical Delivery Instructor (Jeddah, KSA)
FFL Gunsmith

nope! I'm smarter than that

You laugh but those of us who cut our teeth on the T-10B learned the importance of being able to steer with your risers to get to the ground safely. Made using the risers on squares seem like a walk in the park. My lowest T-10 jump was 500 ft AGL with full combat load during the Panama Invasion. Having that much shit strapped to me and people shooting at me from the ground, from that point on, made BASE jumping seem boring.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Did you find your round was quiet enough you could hear the bullets crack by? Or were you still hearing the plane?

Have you ever jumped out of a C-130, let alone into combat? At 500 ft, all I had time to do was look up and check my canopy, then lower my ruck before I landed. You know that sensation you get when you can hear your own breathing and everything else is semi muted around you but you still realize it's there? Thats what I remember about it after I exited. I was more worried about getting shot waiting to get out of the plane then in the air. Once I exited, I was only concerned with landing and putting my weapon into operation as fast as possible. I remember a lot of noise, from many different things all at once.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Having that much shit strapped to me and people shooting at me from the ground, from that point on, made BASE jumping seem boring.

If you want to be excited again, let me know where your next BASE jump
is going to be and I can organize beer and rifles for the spectators. :)

Eule
PLF does not stand for Please Land on Face.

Hell I hit the Run way on El Torrios with twists so bad I didn't even try to get them out.

I remember exiting looking up and then down, shit wrong end of the run way! After realizing it was gonna suck humping the hostile way to the aasembly area I looked up again, damn twists! Oh! Cool lights!, shit tracers, oh well I am low enough it wont oooommph... ouch, crawl! get of the run way and out of the open! Then I can breath.

It happened that fast almost as long as it takes to read the paragraph. I hit hard enough that my M-16 charged itself from my 20 round jump mag!

Oh, good times,,,, good times. ;)

I joke with the other Instructors here that they may have 200 or 300 SL jumps to my 150 SL jumps but they have only practice, I did one for real:P.

My lowest T-10 jump was 500 ft AG

Same here, about 500' with no reserve over Mogadishu in 1994. I did not know any better then.

Now I do the same thing, just with a different canopy. I guess I still do not know any better :P

I got enough T-10 jumps than my back wants to remember ;)
Memento Audere Semper

T-10 (ask an old person what this is)

Hey old person!?!

Who yu calling an ..... what?
Wow! Cool commercial about some SUV.
Aye, what where we talking about?
Oh, cookies! cool.

Hey why are y'all in my living room? Why ya looken at me funny? Did you forget some thin'?

;)