CarolinaBlue

Continental Airlines Skydiving Club

I've received approval to start a Skydiving Club at Continental Airlines. If you are a Continental Airlines employee/family member or know any Continental employees and their family members out there that would like to join, please have them email me at: [email protected].

What kind of club is it??

...and when do we get to jump the DC-3???;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Hard question. It might be easier to answer what it won't be. I've never been one to be involved with "cliques" of any type, so I definately don't want that. Skydiving is not about that.

I envision a group of people that join together for a common pursuit that is supported by our company. Maybe have 3-4 events/year that we could all meet up at. Maybe create a team. Great pics for the Continental Times. Get a discount program with a local DZ, etc. Continental already has a Scuba club, Trek club, Cycling club, Running club and I've heard a Harley club is almost off the ground.

I've received approval to start a Skydiving Club at Continental
Airlines.

Finally, a low-fare business model that might beat Southwest!

Leave: DEN 16:20 Seat: 16A
Arrive: SEA FL180 18:37 Equip: B737-300
SNACK SERVICE

Leave: SEA FL180 18:45 Seat: 1A
Arrive: SEA 19:03 Equip: STATIC LINE
NO FOOD SERVICE

Eule
PLF does not stand for Please Land on Face.

They don't let anyone touch the old Continental DC-3. It usually sits in the Texas museum, unless a special celebration is happening. However, never say never........

It was down at the Wings Ovewr Houston airshow...

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

That's hysterical. :) As a Elite Plat, I can't tell you how many times, on my way home to EWR, we fly right over my apartment, and I'm always looking around frantically for a green light. :)

I put together Friends and Family week for Southwest.
They come out and make tandem skydives.
There are quite a few airline carrier employees that skydive on a regualr basis.
I would be interested to see the proposal you submitted to Continental.:)Most large companies tend not to lend their names to skydiving clubs for liability reasons..
Do let us know how this works for you!:)

I put together Friends and Family week for Southwest.
They come out and make tandem skydives.
There are quite a few airline carrier employees that skydive on a regualr basis.
I would be interested to see the proposal you submitted to Continental.:)Most large companies tend not to lend their names to skydiving clubs for liability reasons..
Do let us know how this works for you!:)

I'm no literary genius. I just clicked the contact us link on the other club's websites and requested info on starting a club. 5 or 6 people responded back from several of the clubs including one of our Directors. She forwarded it to one of our VP's who said that they could support it if we have some other employees that are interested also. They will be putting out something in a day or two in the companywide daily email that directs interested folks to me.

She forwarded it to one of our VP's who said that they could support it if we have some other employees that are interested also. They will be putting out something in a day or two in the companywide daily email that directs interested folks to me.

That is simply fabulous and good on you!
Now all you Continental folks come on out to Skydive Arizona and jump! Oh and wind tunnel too;)
We're located half way between PHX and TUC:)

I’m marrying the daughter of a 30 year Continental employee – does that get me in? Oh I’ve also applied for like thirteen hundred fifty two jobs at Continental so fuck I kind of almost work there. Hope it works out well for the club and the company. If I can be any part let me know.

neilp

I’m marrying the daughter of a 30 year Continental employee – does that get me in? Oh I’ve also applied for like thirteen hundred fifty two jobs at Continental so fuck I kind of almost work there. Hope it works out well for the club and the company. If I can be any part let me know.

neilp

Get mommy-in-law to join and then we can get you a family membership.;)

Getting on with the maintnance dept there is a bitch.

I was talking with a fellow AFF student at the DZ this summer, who is a pilot for the regional carrier of
a Big Airline(tm). We got on the subject of the financial conditions of the various airlines, and I said
that even though that airline had to make a lot of cuts, they would probably make it through without
going into bankruptcy. Then I went on, "I do have to tell you, though, that I am worried about the
effect that the cuts are having on the maintenance department of your airline, though." (Horrified look)
"What? Why? Did you see or hear something that's bothering you?" "Well, the pilots feel like they need
to come to parachute school - you tell me!" I was assured that if they felt that they *needed* to bring a
rig when reporting to work, that would be a good sign that it's time to consider other employment.

Eule
PLF does not stand for Please Land on Face.