KNewman

Raeford has a Pac 750

There could be eight guys sitting there all day refusing to jump the Cessna, so this is the fix.

Snobby bitches.....:P

For me it was just an issue of I'm too old, fat, and tired to cram myself into a Cessna. I have a thousand jumps out of them, and I down't owe it to anyone to do any more. Perhaps I should think of it as a courtesy to others, not inflicting my old, fat, tired self on them in the Cessna. Perhaps "whiney bitches" would be a better descriptor.

-- Jeff
My Skydiving History

There could be eight guys sitting there all day refusing to jump the Cessna, so this is the fix.

Snobby bitches.....:P

For me it was just an issue of I'm too old, fat, and tired to cram myself into a Cessna. I have a thousand jumps out of them, and I down't owe it to anyone to do any more. Perhaps I should think of it as a courtesy to others, not inflicting my old, fat, tired self on them in the Cessna. Perhaps "whiney bitches" would be a better descriptor.

I'm sorry, no offence inteneded. Was just poking a bit of fun at the turbine brats.:)
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

6 jumpers . . .

I thought Tim said he would fly it with four.
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

not any more. the lease ran out... Suffolk is the only one that owns a Pac
-------------------------------
West Point Virginia gets the PAC 750 from Carolina Sky Sports in Franklinton, North Carolina. I just talked to Paul Fayard, my phone is still hot. The most polite way to say it is, you don't have the facts.

West Point will continue to have a PAC 750 and a Twin Otter.

I Jumped with the guys who invented Skydiving.

Please tell me your exaggerating :S

I am totally fucking serious. We have guys that will sit on their ass and bitch half the day instead of just hopping in the Cessna and getting in the air. Like John said, we fly our PAC with six people.

I have been jumping it everyday since I got back from Z-hills on Monday evening. I have done two tandems out of it: one poised from the inside and one rear-diving-flipping exit. Both were very easy. All the taller guys are pretty much sitting in the door and rolling out though. I have done six AFF's out of it in the past two days and don't have any problem using the same techniques I always use in an Otter or Caravan. The outside, lower step is really nice for the reserve-side guy. Taller guys might be more comfortable doing a three-outside floating exit. I have done three wingsuit jumps out of it as well. The straddle benches are short enough that you can straddle them with your legs already zipped in if you like. It's just as easy, though, to just put your back to the sides of the plane and keep your feet in the center aisle. You DO, however, have to be cognizant of the low tail on wingsuit exits.Paraclete 8-way has been training all day out of it. Their video guy, Amish (MattM on here), is whining about it a bit, but he'll be aight.

Ray Ferrell (sic?) stopped by here in Deland's new PAC for gas two nights ago. It was his last gas stop on the way from Canada down there. Those guys' yellow, blue, white paintjob looks really sexy. It's my guess that the Deland PAC will replace the Porter that got balled up not too long ago.

Anyway, ours is a really nice plane and I like it.

Chuck

Made my first three jumps (all tandems) out of it today. And yes, I bought my :D.

My take on it:

-Harder for me to board with a tandem rig on. I have to crawl in on my hands and knees.
+Straddle benches! B|
+Seatbelt arrangement is excellent.
+Easy easy (easy) student hookup.
+Hand rails on the inside are great! B|
-Door is not big enough for my behemothness, :S so I was doing seated exits. The first one was perfect, and the last two I got cut in from the top and drove over head down for a bit. No big deal - those will take some time to perfect.
+Roll up door, exit lights
+Rate of climb

Overall for tandem exits, some things are easier than the Otter, and some are harder. I reckon they come out about even in my book.
Arrive Safely

John