arai

crazy stories from pilots

My Mom is a pilot, and recently (now that I skydive I've been talking about jumping more with her) she was telling me about how she used to fly jumpers when she was first starting out.

At one point she told me about the guys she flew and how when she would open the door, they would steal the key from the ignition and jump!!, she would then have to glide back for landing, I thought this was pretty damn funny, and she was laughing as she described these "bastards" that made her life interesting. She said ever since the first time they did it she would wear a spare key around her neck.

for some reason it feels to me the kind of stuff that you could get away with back then, but that kind of stunt pulled today would cause all sorts of screamin.

Do any of you have cool/funny/crazy pilot stories? Does this kind of stuff still exist but just manage to hide under the radar?

-arai-

Where did your mom fly?

We use to do that to a lot of skydiverdrivers...:ph34r:

And all...like your mom would hide a spare after a time or two.

We'd also to try to 'help' fly the plane by pulling on the exposed control cables from the back end.

I have a few more...but the statue of limitations isn't up yet! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I remember doing a demo over Jax Beach on July 4th, three of us were wearing smoke and Jeff was jumping the flag. The 3 way with smoke (red white and blue) climbed out, and Ralphie popped the smoke then stuck his leg back in the plane - Jim Basse (skydiverdriver) was NOT amused (well he was but he wouldn't admit it).
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

We'd also to try to 'help' fly the plane by pulling on the exposed control cables from the back end.

My dad used to carry the right had yoke under the seat, and would hand it back to the FJ students and ask them to hold it.

popped the smoke then stuck his leg back in the plane

In 76 Shorty janoshack (SP) came down with his D-18 to Topeka,Ks to join in on the airshow demo with the locals,
Just as they were about to taxi out I walk up to the door with an empty M-18 I had put the cap back and handle on it with a pin, I got to the door, waved it to everyone and said "you forgot your smoke" pulled the pin and tossed in the door, it was like slo-mo as the handle flew off as the thing flew thru the air, talk about getting "white eyed".

~
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

Ahem, I had some jumpers in San Antonio pull that with me on the 182 one time. I rolled the 182 and then pinned thar asses to the roof in a negative pushover...... I never had them try that again!;) hahahaha! They loved me for it though!

Buck

In 76 Shorty janoshack (SP) came down with his D-18 to Topeka,Ks to join in on the airshow demo with the locals,
Just as they were about to taxi out I walk up to the door with an empty M-18 I had put the cap back and handle on it with a pin, I got to the door, waved it to everyone and said "you forgot your smoke" pulled the pin and tossed in the door, it was like slo-mo as the handle flew off as the thing flew thru the air, talk about getting "white eyed".

The more I know about you StratoStar...the more I like you!B|
That's one better than I did to the Short Man, and he never let ME forget MINE.;)

Headed to the hotel following a demo someplace in Fla...
I'm riding in the back of a Pickup truck with all the gear and the beer.
Shorty is riding shotgun in a car trailing behind.

We all had radios on us and Shorty...after watching me open and drink several beers while licking his chops, finally radios up to pass him back one too!

I reached back into the cooler, grabbed an 'empty' that was a floater and filled it with ice cold and refreshing COOLER WATER...

Pretended to 'open' it, then set it on the road at a stop sign, as we drove off, they stopped for the sign, Shorty open the door and scooped up his 'Beer'.:ph34r:

The funny party is...he got better than 1/2 it down, complaining to me on the radio about how...

"Fuckin' Miller Lite taste like water!":D:D

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~