RkyMtnHigh

First Time this has happened...so I suppose I owe beer...

Bought a suit from a rep for a company...saw him...and although he benefited from my purchase, I didn't get a thank you, hello, how's the suit, kiss my ass, nothing...hmmm:S

Damn...I suppose my referral base might decrease based on the lack of appreciation.

Is this normal in our skydiving community?

Bought a suit from a rep for a company...saw him...and although he benefited from my purchase, I didn't get a thank you, hello, how's the suit, kiss my ass, nothing...hmmm:S

Damn...I suppose my referral base might decrease based on the lack of appreciation.

Is this normal in our skydiving community?

Hi RMH

Depends on the company and/or rep

We had a very bad experience with a jumpsuit co/rep took a very long time to get it partially resolved to my satisfaction.

Other co's are known for their customer service, like the pro track folks among many others. Work your grapevineB|

R.I.P.

Did you say hi first?

Did he recognize you?

Did he give you the stink eye and bare his teeth when he saw you?

Were you guys supposed to be best friends after you bought the suit?:P

I guess I am a little confused about it. It does seem standoffish, but in my mind I tend to imagine there could be extenuating circumstances or other contributing factors .

Did you see each other from afar?

Give us more details! (without divulging the name of the company, even though we want to know who the Katee haters are) ;)

.jim
"Don't touch my fucking Easter eggs, I'll be back monday." ~JTFC

Being a "Salesman" I understand what your talking about Katee. The rest of you guys that replied, it isn't about touchy feel good shit it is about caring about your customer. I wouldn't do buisness with them again either Katee. Find someone that values your buisness. For those that might want to flame go get a Sales Job. You'll go hungry in a week if you are not treating each and every customer as if they are your only one.

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

Keep in mind that becoming a rep isn't like getting hired for a job. If you can sell a few suits, and there's not a rep at your DZ, you can pretty much become a rep.

The point is that the rep isn't trained in cust service by the company, so your experience with the rep may not reflect the attitude of the company itself.

As such, reps come and go, and when they treat people the way you were treated, they tend to go more quickly.

That said, I hear where you're coming from. New best friend? Hardly, but a, "Hey, how's the suit working out?" or a, "That turned out nice, looks great on you", would have gone a long way.

That does suck. I agree with the sales guy, you'd better treat every customer like they ARE your best friend or you won't get far in sales. At least you won't get my sale, because there ARE people out there competing with a product just as good or better that ARE willing to be cool with you no matter who you are or what you smell like.

As far as it just being a rep... depends on what their intentions are. If they are doing it so they themselves can get a cheap suit and all they have to do is be a go between for people that seek them out, I can see it happen. But if they are being a rep to earn some extra cash on the side, they are going about it the wrong way.

I would rather order straight from the company and give them the extra money than give it to someone who is not going to appreciate it.

Sales people in skydiving should learn something from T@unfeathered, Lara at Alti2, and the guys and gals at Larsen & Braugard (sp?) and PD. These people will go a long way in their field based on their people skills alone.. not to mention they have wicked products.

There should be a comprehensive list of awesome customer service reps somewhere here...

hmm.....

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson

I dont understand what you are talking about...

I think she didn't get the touchy-feely post-sales service she was expecting.

Ahhhhhh...

Maybe this sales person has short term memory loss - Maybe this person was treated rudely by a previous customer and is now under the impression that most customers would like to not be bothered – Maybe they were having a bad day, wife left and the dog died - Maybe it was a fake suit made by kids in a sweat shop in some third world country and they are trying to lay low...

Maybe this person is just someone who is not the brightest, most educated and people friendly person in the world and is only trying to sell these suits because they cannot find anything better to help pay the rent and put food on the family’s table and they sure could use someone who is more in tune with sales to pull them aside and give them a few friendly pointers to help them go further in life, you know, someone to influence them to do "better"…

Maybe…

If I had to choose I would rather have a well constructed suit that delivers what it promises rather than a second rate suit – that is where my referral would come from, not whether or not my ass was kissed to my liking.
I would rather have a doctor who is the best in his field rather a second rate on who just has good bed side manner and a nicer office with a prettier receptionist...

Did you say hi first? Yes

Did he recognize you? Yes

Did he give you the stink eye and bare his teeth when he saw you? No

Were you guys supposed to be best friends after you bought the suit?:P Were friends before the purchase, so I thought.

I guess I am a little confused about it. It does seem standoffish, but in my mind I tend to imagine there could be extenuating circumstances or other contributing factors . *Shrug* I dunno:S

Did you see each other from afar?

Give us more details! (without divulging the name of the company, even though we want to know who the Katee haters are) ;)

.jim