apb

Sending rigs by courier in the UK

I need a reserve repack and want to send my rig up to a dz as I live in London and don't think anyone does it here. Does anyone know what is the best firm to use to do this? Also, do they insure it in transit as my rig is newish?
Or is there a place in London that does repacks?
Thanks in advance

I really can't believe you can't get that done in London.

Warmbaths, a town 150km North of Johannesburg, South Africa, has 2 riggers. There must be one in London. If not, it's time to redefine what "3rd World" means.:P

t
It's the year of the Pig.

I don't think there are any riggers in the third world city of London to be honest. there are a bunch at the DZ's but they are all a good hour out of london.

My suggestion to the original poster would be to ask one of the kind London Skydivers to take your rig to the DZ next weekend...

CJP

Gods don't kill people. People with Gods kill people

Jesus... Warmbaths. They have the very cool cable ski. If you spend everyday there they eventually let me spend the last few days for free... How the hell does it have two riggers?
"In one way or the other, I'm a bad brother. Word to the motherf**ker." Eazy-E

Warmbaths is between Nylstroom and Pretoria, both have active DZ's. Those 2 riggers run a circuit between JSC, Rustenburg, Bloenfontien, Nylstroom etc, but you can catch them at home as well.

Johannesburg has 5 - 8 riggers, depending on where you stay. Some are only reserve packers.

t

I really can't believe you can't get that done in London.

Warmbaths, a town 150km North of Johannesburg, South Africa, has 2 riggers. There must be one in London. If not, it's time to redefine what "3rd World" means.:P

t

That may be true but do you know the price of property in london? Theres no-way anyone could ever set up a rigging loft in london it just wouldnt pay the bills.

Theres no-way anyone could ever set up a rigging loft in london it just wouldnt pay the bills.

I'm quite sure that with 700 licenced skydivers in South Africa, x 2 repacks a year, at 14 GBP a repack (19600 GBP) divided by the 20 odd riggers (less than 500 GBP each per year) they can't afford to pay rent anywhere in the world, but the bottom line is, we have them and you don't. :)
t

at 14 GBP a repack

Bargain! :P We pay more than double that!

Vicki

That must be to pay the rent of the loft they can't afford to have. :D

Seriously - It must suck to have to try and hunt down a rigger, but I suspect that most regular jumpers know one and plan to get their repacks at the DZ or leave their rigs with a rigger midweek.

t

I hear people talking about opening up a gear shop and rigging loft in LONDON. Now pointzero has moved away there is a huge gap in the market and certain people are in talks about investing a huge amount of money in something new and much bigger.

Keep your eyes open for it.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

For future reference, in case anyone stumbles across this thread, I know of an advanced packer who works in Central London and can potentially take your rig away for a repack to be returned in a day or two.
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live