crotalus01

what next?

i plan (stress plan) on doing my last 3 AFF jumps tomorrow (assuming i pass all the TLOs). so what next? i know i can go solo, and will hopefully make my first "solo" tomorrow, but what after that? i guess i should ask the instructors at my DZ, but they are not here right now, and i will see them tomorrow, so just looking for opinons on what i should do......

As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD...

now comes some of the most fantastic jumps of your life. You will exit an aircraft completely on your own. You will be completely alone, free to fully immerse yourself in the element, totally responsible for yourself, but able to relax and explore your surroundings. Relax and fall, it will be remarkable.
Blue Skies,
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes!

Start working on the rest of your A license requirements. If your DZ uses the ISP, they would put you with a coach to start working on this. If they don't, you will have to take action on your own to get with someone who can sign off on the requirements and do the necessary jumps.

I'm walking a marathon to raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Click Here for more information!

Passing AFF means you have demonstrated the ability to save your own life.Now the real learning begins.The neat part is that the learning curve is very steep in the beginning.Hook up with a coach and get your "A" and then the real fun begins.:)
Replying to: Re: Stall On Jump Run Emergency Procedure? by billvon

If the plane is unrecoverable then exiting is a very very good idea.

Yes, do a couple of solos, just to get relaxed and comfortable alone in the air.
Then ask an instructor to supervise your hop and pop from 4,000 feet.
Then find a Coach 1 (CSPA rating) to assist you on a few no-contact dives while you refine solo skills like loops and rolls.
And ask them to sign your ISP card after every jump.
Also remember to write in distance from target center on every landing. We are not talking distance from the edge of the pea gravel bowl, we are talking distance from the CENTER of the bowl.