gokou340

Skydiving Headcold question

Hey whats up everyone?
About 3 weeks ago I went with my buddy to do our first tandam skydiving jump, which was freaking incredible, I loved it. But I had a slight headcold that day and didn't know that you shouldn't go skydiving with a headcold, but now my left ear won't pop, I can hear out of it, but it just won't pop. Is it going to stay like that forever? Any help would be greatful.

|-Goku-|

It'll probably eventually come out once the cold is completely gone. You can try plugging your nose and exhaling with your mouth closed. DO NOT do this fast as you can rupture your ear drums and you've got a bigger problem. I find drinking or swallowing with your nose and mouth closed works too.

I take no liability for what my advice causes, but it's what I do and it works pretty well. Use at your own risk!

Chris
"When once you have tasted flight..."

I would take some decongestant like sudafed and a nasal spray.. like afrin. You might think about going to an ear nose and throat doctor because 3 weeks is a long time!!

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

Hey whats up everyone?
About 3 weeks ago I went with my buddy to do our first tandam skydiving jump, which was freaking incredible, I loved it. But I had a slight headcold that day and didn't know that you shouldn't go skydiving with a headcold, but now my left ear won't pop, I can hear out of it, but it just won't pop. Is it going to stay like that forever? Any help would be greatful.

|-Goku-|

Stop asking medical questions about your health on a skydiving website. In fact, don't ask questions about your health on any website. If your ear hasn't cleared in 3 weeks, go now and see your doctor, do not wait any longer

Please take care of yourself, you only get one of you.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Stop asking medical questions about your health on a skydiving website. In fact, don't ask questions about your health on any website. If your ear hasn't cleared in 3 weeks, go now and see your doctor, do not wait any longer

Please take care of yourself, you only get one of you.

Hey man you don't have to get so pissy about it. I figured since this was a SKYDIVING forum someone might have had a similiar problem. I have never skydived until that day, and this is a forum, its here to answer peoples questions on the subject. But back on topic, My ears crackle and pop a little bit, but I can't get into a doctor until next Wedsnday I just hope I didn't do any serious damage thats all im worried about.

|-Goku-|

I don't thing the poster was getting pissy, I think he was just trying to enforce how important it is for you to get to a doctor.

I too can't understand why anyone would ask for medical advise on the Internet. First off, if I was a doctor, I wouldn't give advise to some one I've never seen before, let alone look in your ear.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

You should see a doctor, there is a good chance that you have an infection, and if that infection is left untreated long enough it could spread to other parts of your body - like your brain, for example. A weeks worth of antibiotics may be all you need to fix it up. Also, an infection can perminatly damage hearing if it gets out of control.

to everyone else, I dont think that it is nessisary to be hastling this guy about asking the question on here. Remember that a doctors visit is ussually around $100 plus up to $30+ for a perscription. He may not have the health insurance and for all he knows we knew something he didn't about fixing ear problems that are skydiving related.

It is worth mentioning that you shouldn't have waited 3 weeks.
Matt Christenson

[email protected]
http://www.RealDropzone.com - A new breed of dropzone manifest software.